Deal with Yanks getting close?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

5C7E6D707376717E5D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: Seems to be a lot of chatter today about the Cole/Yanks trade. Saw the following two items posted on twitter earlier this evening:

yankees have always loved gerrit cole, and maybe they work a deal eventually. but still hearing of one big holdup: pirates want gleyber to headline package, yanks want frazier to headline it.

RUMOR: "Yankees will get a get “a deal done’’ that will drop Cole into The Bronx without sacrificing stud prospects Gleyber Torres and Estevan Florial

I'm wondering what the plan is for Montgomery is if they get Cole.  Cole is the 4 and then CC is the 5.  Do they move him in the bullpen?  The Yanks probably wouldn't deal him, but I wouldn't mind asking.  He would slide into our #2 spot.  I doubt they deal him.

Frazier, Andujar and someone like Acevedo.  If you want to expand the deal to give them Harrison, then add Adams to the list coming back.

Again, think this won't get done for the same reason Cutch to Washington didn't get done last year ... the insistence of adding the top prospect in the deal.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

5141407761616D020 wrote: Seems to be a lot of chatter today about the Cole/Yanks trade. Saw the following two items posted on twitter earlier this evening:

yankees have always loved gerrit cole, and maybe they work a deal eventually. but still hearing of one big holdup: pirates want gleyber to headline package, yanks want frazier to headline it.

RUMOR: "Yankees will get a get “a deal done’’ that will drop Cole into The Bronx without sacrificing stud prospects Gleyber Torres and Estevan Florial

I'm wondering what the plan is for Montgomery is if they get Cole.  Cole is the 4 and then CC is the 5.  Do they move him in the bullpen?  The Yanks probably wouldn't deal him, but I wouldn't mind asking.  He would slide into our #2 spot.  I doubt they deal him.

Frazier, Andujar and someone like Acevedo.  If you want to expand the deal to give them Harrison, then add Adams to the list coming back.

Again, think this won't get done for the same reason Cutch to Washington didn't get done last year ... the insistence of adding the top prospect in the deal.

Most of the chatter is saying Frazier and Adams for Cole. I really want Andujar included and hope that NH expands the deal to get him
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Get Cutch and JHay lined up with trade partners and get this all done simultaneously, or add to this deal with Yanks and make it a big swap

Still not confident anythings going to be done.   "But we tried"

Perfect timing with Nutting doing another sad interview about how we can compete this year lol
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

1F3D2E333035323D1E293F3F335C0 wrote: Seems to be a lot of chatter today about the Cole/Yanks trade. Saw the following two items posted on twitter earlier this evening:

I heard Montgomery was being offered. I think Cole is worth Frazier, Montgomery and another. A lot of rumors last night that a deal will be done today (Friday). I would like Andujar after reading up on him. I also heard Sheffield.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

still holding out hope for Zombie Babe Ruth
dogknot17@yahoo.co

What ever happened to Dustin Fowler? He played one game and slid into the seats and hurt his knee. Is he healthy? Being mentioned? Does he have a spot on the Yankees?

I remember the hype when he was called up. It was a shame he got hurt in the only game he played.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Watching MLB Now last night:

They think:

Perfect time to trade Cole. Something will get done.

No opportunities for Cutch. Maybe at trade dead line.

Pirates are extremely conservative, try to build "incrementally" and that is almost impossible.

There is no discernible plan.

Definitely behind the Cubs, Cards and Brewers who are all trying to get better.

Pirate fans have a right to some transparency.

Shezzz - watching this organization take on water and slowly sink is surreal. You'd think there would be somebody on deck trying to organize a bucket brigade. Instead, everybody is sleeping....
dogknot17@yahoo.co

I am really surprised how much Bullpen arms are getting this year. It's like some teams feel that is the last thing they need and are spending a ton.

The Pirates need Bullpen help too. Just one or two arms considering they have a bunch of unknown, young talent. It's like they don't forecast far enough.

If the Pirates get Montgomery back for Cole, they can actually be both buyers and sellers. This Cole situation is the start of everything that will go down in my opinion.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

[move]@JonHeyman

1h1 hour ago

More

hear there has been no positive movement in recent days on gerrit cole talks with the yankees. they are still apart on the package going back. could be something for later, but no evidence anything's happening now.[/move]
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

0A3834342012313835303F38590 wrote:

[move]@JonHeyman

1h1 hour ago

More

hear there has been no positive movement in recent days on gerrit cole talks with the yankees. they are still apart on the package going back. could be something for later, but no evidence anything's happening now.[/move]

And the Grinch stole Christmas....