Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

It's amazing what happens when you hit 350 instead of 225.
notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

4A41494540415A1F196E574F464141004D412E0 wrote: Wait, so now everyone wants to keep McCutchen? 

I remember being laughed at when I said this last year. People were mad he wasn't traded to Washington not so long ago. People called Huntington greedy asking for so many players back or a top player ( Robles rumored).

Now, people don't want to trade him and will be mad if he is traded?  And he is a bargain again?  Wow!
This was one of the few things we agree on. I never wanted him traded for Washington. I proposed that they offer him an extension during last season, and maybe he would've taken a little less at that time?
mouse

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by mouse »

Whether it's Cutch or one of the next big stars, one problem with the Pirates business model is that they have to bring in young talent, and the draft doesn't give enough. They may be doomed to be a feeder organization for the rich teams.
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I'm okay with people changing what they think. But wait until the people that said not trading Cutch this offseason is proof that management sucks are the the same people that say that trading him here before the deadline is proof that management sucks.
CarolinaBucco

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Can anyone tell me what Cutch's OPS is since he moved into the 6th spot (on May 26 I believe). I'm not sure where to find that but I gotta believe it's something insane. I'm guessing it's in the range of 1.100.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

5F7D6E737075727D5E697F7F731C0 wrote: Can anyone tell me what Cutch's OPS is since he moved into the 6th spot (on May 26 I believe). I'm not sure where to find that but I gotta believe it's something insane. I'm guessing it's in the range of 1.100.

Take a look at his splits at ESPN. He has an OPS of 1.240 hitting 6th.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/splits/_ ... -mccutchen

CarolinaBucco

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by CarolinaBucco »

THANKS. Man that is incredible. You don't see 1.240 very often. And now he's closing in a full month of being red-hot. This can't possibly last, but hopefully he can settle in at being "very good" over the long haul.
johnfluharty

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by johnfluharty »

He's also hitting 400. :) I'd love to see him keep it up for another month or four.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

61535F5F4B795A535E5B5453320 wrote: I'm okay with people changing what they think.  But wait until the people that said not trading Cutch this offseason is proof that management sucks are the the same people that say that trading him here before the deadline is proof that management sucks.

That's exactly what will happen. That is already happening. I can see the foreshadowing.

Bobster21

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Bobster21 »

575C54585D5C470204734A525B5C5C1D505C330 wrote: Wait, so now everyone wants to keep McCutchen? 

I remember being laughed at when I said this last year. People were mad he wasn't traded to Washington not so long ago. People called Huntington greedy asking for so many players back or a top player ( Robles rumored).

Now, people don't want to trade him and will be mad if he is traded?  And he is a bargain again?  Wow!
It didn't maker sense to trade him in the off season when his value was never lower. And that was without knowing if his poor 2016 was an aberration and if he would rebound this year to have a great season for a new team after the Pirates got less for him by trading him as a player on the decline. The only sensible option was to wait and see how he was performing by midseason this year. Then they could decide if they still wanted to trade either a declining player for little return (same as it would have been in a winter deal) or if they again had a star player worth much more, or if the team was contending and they wanted to hang onto him.