Kang to miss the start of spring training

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

Is it clear this is a new refusal? We know he had one application refused and was trying to finagle his way around that with the appeal. This could be a report on that first refusal. On the whole though, this is the visa issue that anyone accused (or convicted) of a crime faces. Apparently no athlete exception when it's happen many times.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

373C34383D3C276264132A323B3C3C7D303C530 wrote: This is bad news for the Pirates.  They may need to find a 3B.  Freese had a fine year last year as a back up, but not sure he is good enough to be an every day starter this point in his career.

The worse case scenario is happening.  It seems to me the Pirates didn't think this would happen.

No way the Pirates are surprised. They may be disappointed, they may even had reason to believe Kang would slip through, but there is no way this surprises them. If the rumored fourth DUI is true, he'll never play in the US again.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Do you think Freese was their back up plan? Or Gosselin?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think when they saw Gosselin on the waiver wire they grabbed him as insurance if this scenario with Kang was going to play out. This also gives Hanson the opportunity which he might not have received. There are days when they may want to rest Freese and JHay can play third. With Frazier, Gosselin and Hanson they have a lot of infielders who can play different positions. Sure they will miss the power which Kang can provide, but they will have to play a little more small ball.
Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

Wondering with rosters close to being finalized if there may be a trade for a third base man. Any ideas who might be an upgrade?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

476E72676A656F3A323F330B0 wrote: Wondering with rosters close to being finalized if there may be a trade for a third base man. Any ideas who might be an upgrade?
I think at this point they are going to start the season with Freese ,and from time to time we will see JHay and even Jaso may get a game or two at the hot corner.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

456C706568676D38303D31090 wrote: Wondering with rosters close to being finalized if there may be a trade for a third base man. Any ideas who might be an upgrade?

Can't imagine any upgrade. My guess is they go with the current roster.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

One guy who could be available,but the Sox would want a ton for him is Todd Frazier. I think he is also a free agent after this season so I would think the Bucs would not want to deplete its farm system to acquire him if they won't pay the price to get Quintana.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Pablo Sandoval just lost the starting job in Boston. But he is owed so much money, like $71 million dollars counting his team option until 2020.

That's an expensive bench player for the Red Sox.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

2C20217A737A727F78677D4A0 wrote: Just heard on The Fan that Kang may have had a fourth DUI in third country. This could be a problem with getting a Visa to the USA.

He's had 3 DUIs in one county (Korea). So that report is already bogus before it even gets legs. unless he was in two countries at once for his next DUI