Cutch Hitting .211

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Not just the team's best hitter. Over the last month+ he's been one of the best hitters I baseball, period. And while his trade value is soaring, I would not trade him. If he keeps going like this, I would bring him back in 2018 WITH THE INTENTION OF WINNING. Would be a lot easier to win next year with a All-Star caliber Cutch than without one. But let's see how he does over the next month. I'm not sure he can keep this up, but who knows.
notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

0321322F2C292E21023523232F400 wrote: Not just the team's best hitter. Over the last month+ he's been one of the best hitters I baseball, period. And while his trade value is soaring, I would not trade him. If he keeps going like this, I would bring him back in 2018 WITH THE INTENTION OF WINNING. Would be a lot easier to win next year with a All-Star caliber Cutch than without one. But let's see how he does over the next month. I'm not sure he can keep this up, but who knows.
I think he will. The metrics showed that for all but a couple of weeks he was hitting the ball hard and not getting results. No the results are starting to match the metrics. He isn't striking out much and is now hitting the ball the other way with authority. I expect his numbers by the end of the season to be pretty darn good.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

What do you think his next contract will look like?

McCutchen could easily finish at .300, 25+ HR, 90+ RBI, .850+ OPS when this season is done. Meaning, only 2016 was a down year (but still an ok season overall).

notes34

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by notes34 »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: What do you think his next contract will look like? 

McCutchen could easily finish at .300, 25+ HR, 90+ RBI, .850+ OPS when this season is done.  Meaning, only 2016 was a down year (but still an ok season overall). 

3-4 years @ 13M per year. If continues to hit at this level.
Ecbucs

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Ecbucs »

68697263753532060 wrote: What do you think his next contract will look like? 

McCutchen could easily finish at .300, 25+ HR, 90+ RBI, .850+ OPS when this season is done.  Meaning, only 2016 was a down year (but still an ok season overall). 

3-4 years @ 13M per year. If continues to hit at this level.

Nick Markasis who hasn't had an ops over 750 since 2012 is getting 11 million this year and next year. Cutch should get way more than 13 million per year and probably more than 4 years if he continues hitting this year. The Bucs option for next year is 14 million. I could see the team picking that up if he does well the remainder of this year and then not signing him after that.

Nelson Cruz is getting over 14 million next season.

Josh Reddick got a 4 year 13 million a year contract and has never had an ops above 800 for a season.

Adam Jones got 16 million last year and this year and is due 17 million next year.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I can see $60 million for four years, but think he will still get $70 - $75 million for four years.

If he continues to hit like he is hitting, he is MVP caliber again. That is worth more than $13 million a year. Especially, after being underpaid for years in baseball terms.
dmetz

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by dmetz »

I would trade him this deadline and I'm next to sure that we will. If he keeps pounding the ball, there should be no good reason why we can't get a great haul, right?
Quail

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Quail »

242D25343A400 wrote: I would trade him this deadline and I'm next to sure that we will.  If he keeps pounding the ball, there should be no good reason why we can't get a great haul, right? 

I'm also pretty sure the Pirates will be trading Cutch. It's their M.O. I can't picture this F.O. being willing to give a long term contract to him at his age, and I can't think that they'll willingly wait beyond the trade deadline until the offseason or beyond. If Cutch continues to hit which seems likely given that it appears to be related to a now corrected bit of mechanics with his swing we should be able to get a significant return.
Aaron

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Aaron »

Despite all the lies that came out of NH's mouth, he tried his best (and failed) to trade Cutch last offseason.

If Cutch continues to hit, NH will take the first respectable offer he can get. They're not going to miss an opportunity to get out from under Cutch's salary.

They can't wait to take that $14.75 mil and spread it around so they can add a few more Daniel Hudsons and John Jaso types.
Ecbucs

Cutch Hitting .211

Post by Ecbucs »

0F2B3F37325E0 wrote: I would trade him this deadline and I'm next to sure that we will.  If he keeps pounding the ball, there should be no good reason why we can't get a great haul, right? 

I'm also pretty sure the Pirates will be trading Cutch. It's their M.O. I can't picture this F.O. being willing to give a long term contract to him at his age, and I can't think that they'll willingly wait beyond the trade deadline until the offseason or beyond. If Cutch continues to hit which seems likely given that it appears to be related to a now corrected bit of mechanics with his swing we should be able to get a significant return.

my feeling is that they will trade him too. It would be too risky to keep him for next year and get a worse return because of length of contract, not to mention a potential poor start on his part or injury. IF they get a good offer this season it will be considered too risky to keep him.