Game Thread - 5/30 - Bucs @ Dodgers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1F39382F39295A0 wrote: Looks like a winner to me!  Let's Go Bucs!!!

For all the complaining about who plays and doesn't, I'm upset that we have a guy who can't swing a bat on the bench, and isn't really all that great defensively either. Why isn't Chavis on the IL?
They don't think he'll need 10 days to recover.

they don't think he will need 10 days to recover but still had to get Chang?  It just seems senseless.  I could see wanting him if he hit in the minors but he didn't.  Maybe they want him to make Van Meter look better.
So many of their decisions defy logic and then don't work out anyway.
the line ups don't make much sense either.  In the olden days players usually hit in a certain spot or close to it.  The only constant is the catcher hits 8 or 9th.  I just don't see how the way the team is managed is helping any player get established or prepared for the future. At this time next year the only players likely to be in the line up are Reynolds and Hayes, maybe Suwinksi and Mitchell (because of the homer I'll add Marcano!).

I agree. I don't think the young players getting their feet wet with the Pirates are helped by Shelton's willy-nilly style of managing.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

A Piratey play by Castro missing the throw at 2B from Castillo to turn a possible DP into an error. 

But Hayes bails him out by starting a DP.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Reynolds with a long HR! 4-0.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

0B262B3A3D2C3B7B78490 wrote: Reynolds with a long HR! 4-0.
He pimped it too!
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

193439282F3E29696A5B0 wrote: Reynolds with a long HR! 4-0.
You do realize VanMeter is the road the offense runs through lately!

But Castro......can we just get Cruz up? Castro mind is completely frazzled right now
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

You can't spell three run rally with a velocity defying home run with out VanMeter
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Castro is out of control.

He hits a double and should have been out going for a triple but caught a break as the ball popped out of Turners glove.

Of course he immediately gets picked off of third.

His decision making is horrible
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Castro is a richment of embarrasses

After having two errors saved by JVM and Castillo (on a great job following the ball that Castro drops, Castillo picks it bare handed and gets an out at first) he FINALLY gets a hit, tries for three, lucky the ball gets knocked out of the third baseman glove. Next pitch, obvious miscommunication, Castro gets caught in a rundown.

It's time for him to sit, even better, he needs sent down. The guy is a complete mess right now.
BenM

Post by BenM »

You're on third with one out. What the hell?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Thompson was pitching so well, but gave up back to back bombs to make it 4-2 in the 5th.

Looked like Bucs might have had a chance to get one back, but Castro happened