Game Thread - July 31 - Bucs vs Phillies

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

2 strikeouts, then double-double-single-single. Went from untouchable to throwing batting practice
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, if we get the typical Brubaker game, we can live with it. You know 5-6 IP with 3-4 ER, save the pen a bit, which Brown said is "short". IDK it would be "short". They have Bednar, Beede, Stratton, and Peters who haven't pitched in a day or more.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Also, if the pen was "short" why wasn't Underwhelming at least sent down? He's hardly been lights out
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I know we have the announcers thread, but I was shocked by the stark difference of Kevin Young's delivery on the radio compared to television. He's two different people, I like the radio version.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, lead off single, and best we can do is let him move himself up with a stolen base. Can't even put a ball in play with him on second.

I'm tired of them telling us how good Gamel is with RISP. That number USED to be up around .380 ish, and it's steadily come down.

This team just absolutely gags especially in the early innings with runners on. I don't get how they always seem to have just enough to make a game interesting later on. My only thought is they waste a lot of AB's having "good AB's" trying to do wear down the pitcher
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

55737461686473656D060 wrote: I know we have the announcers thread, but I was shocked by the stark difference of Kevin Young's delivery on the radio compared to television. He's two different people, I like the radio version.

He was good on TV a few days ago but then went right back to his snooze fest style. And I heard him on radio recently and he was just as bad. I think it's hit or miss with him.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's only the 2nd inning but the constant attempts by Brown and Walk to be cute and funny is very annoying.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I wonder if they have a power to strikeout sort of stat. You know, how much guys strikeout without hitting for any power. It's just unreal to me how we strike out so much game after game, and the team has little power. How do they not at least make contact and put the ball in play?
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I hope that three year old gets to see the videos of this, he probably won't remember it at all. God bless you little man.

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

So Hayes a late scratch, and they put VanMeter in at third, his first time playing there.

IIRC, isn't that Chavis natural position?