2022 Draft

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

INbuc

2022 Draft

Post by INbuc »

Johnson was certainly considered the best contact hitter in this draft. If you preferred someone with a little more power, well check this out..

https://www.mlb.com/video/johnson-s-six ... lus-homers
JollyRoger

2022 Draft

Post by JollyRoger »

0205293E284B0 wrote: Johnson was certainly considered the best contact hitter in this draft.  If you preferred someone with a little more power, well check this out..

Impressive

Feeling even better about the pick

He may end up supplanting Hayes at third
ArnoldRothstein

2022 Draft

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Cam Collier went to the Reds with the 18th pick.
ArnoldRothstein

2022 Draft

#36 pick for the Pirates: Thomas Harrington, RHP, Campbell College
ArnoldRothstein

2022 Draft

44th pick is Hunter Barco, LHP from U. of Florida.
JollyRoger

2022 Draft

Post by JollyRoger »

0D3E222320281E2338243F382925224C0 wrote: 44th pick is Hunter Barco, LHP from U. of Florida.

I don’t understand this pick at all

Why would the Pirates draft a pitcher that under went TJ surgery in May. Also he was only rated as #68 and the Pirates used their 44th slot on him. They could have taken the #11 prospect Brock Porter RHP, or 2 other highly rated LHP in Ferris with their 44 slot or Snelling with their #36. Both higher rated than Barco or Harrington. I’m curious to hear the rationale. So far this draft does not compare to last years success IMO
WildwoodDave2

2022 Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

According to Jason Mackey in today's PG, many have described

Johnson as one of the best high school hitters to come along

in decades.
WildwoodDave2

2022 Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

193C3F3F2A013C343621530 wrote: Johnson was certainly considered the best contact hitter in this draft.  If you preferred someone with a little more power, well check this out..

Impressive

This might make you feel better as well. This is a quote from Johnson " I go about life like everyday is going to be my last. I like to give people good impressions. I like to be personable. I like

to hug everybody ,shake everybody's hand and be respectful

because that'e how I was raised"
WildwoodDave2

2022 Draft

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

16282D25362E2E250520372473410 wrote: Johnson was certainly considered the best contact hitter in this draft.  If you preferred someone with a little more power, well check this out..

Impressive

This might make you feel better as well. This is a quote from Johnson " I go about life like everyday is going to be my last. I like to give people good impressions. I like to be personable. I like

to hug everybody ,shake everybody's hand and be respectful

because that'e how I was raised"

It goes on to say that a group of the top selectees did a show

on Sirus Xm and he was the only one who went out to interact

with the kids who were chanting his name
SammyKhalifa

2022 Draft

Post by SammyKhalifa »

5F7A79796C477A727067150 wrote: 44th pick is Hunter Barco, LHP from U. of Florida.

I don’t understand this pick at all

Why would the Pirates draft a pitcher that under went TJ surgery in May. Also he was only rated as #68 and the Pirates used their 44th slot on him. They could have taken the #11 prospect Brock Porter RHP, or 2 other highly rated LHP in Ferris with their 44 slot or Snelling with their #36. Both higher rated than Barco or Harrington. I’m curious to hear the rationale. So far this draft does not compare to last years success IMO

I get what you're saying, and that was my first thought too. They do have a little less they can spend though.