Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Official Game Thread - 5/28 - Bucs @ Mariners

Post by Bobster21 »

Thank goodness Hedges is playing. The .171 batter has the only hit! :o
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

66434040557E434B495E2C0 wrote: I know Hayes is a gold glove caliber 3B, but outside of his first month in the majors he has not hit squat!

The Pirates gave him a long term contract (probably a mistake).

Can’t have a low average 3B with little power.

If Malcolm Nunez continues to show power and average st AAA, I would explore trading Hayes

I have no problem were Cherington to trade Hayes. I just don’t think much would come back in return. He’s half a player.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

And right on cue, it's 2-0, and this one seems rather out of reach. My gosh, this offense is pitiful.
2drfischer@gmail.c

575F5C6B7D587F701E0 wrote: And right on cue, it's 2-0, and this one seems rather out of reach. My gosh, this offense is pitiful.

It has to be frustrating being a Pirates starter. They can’t make mistakes because they must feel close to certain they won’t get help from the offense. Ortiz has made two mistake pitches today and he must be thinking the game’s over with five innings to go.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Bae singles. TOOTBLAN coming.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Serious question...do the Pirates have a single come from behind win this year? I can't recall one. Even in April when they were super hot, it seemed like they were getting a lead and holding it. I don't remember a time when they've come back after trailing. Certainly not after the fifth inning. That's pretty well documented.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Owings singles...first and third, no outs. I'm gonna keep being cynical. Here comes a GIDP. Bucs get one, but Mariners get out of the inning.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I hope that when the Pirates draft Crews (they better not blow the pick) that he gets fast tracked to the majors like the Nationals did with Harper. We need a stud in the lineup
2drfischer@gmail.c

My mystical powers continue. I criticize the offense and the bottom of the order, no less, delivers a run.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Has Reynolds had a hit in a crucial situation in the past month?