3 hits today

Cutch still looking for 2,000

Bob happy- should be another big crowd tomorrow

Oviedo pitched good enough to win
Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 6/10 - Bucs vs Mets

Post by Surgnbuck »

Well, kind of boiled down to this:

Marcano pops up a bunt with a guy on third and one out.

Marcano hesitates/double clutches/crow hop whatever, he should have had Marte, and I honestly believe Marcano had no idea how fast Marte is.

Joe hits one that literally, if it's two inches higher, it's a bases clearing double or triple. If it's literally a couple feet higher, it's a grand slam. Joe also got robbed by Nimmo in his next AB.

Bucs couldn't capitalize fully on the errors. When Joe's ball was caught, I got the feeling the team felt they were going to be okay, and would heat up during the game.

I don't understand the intentional walk. The count was 3-0, I say still go after him.

In the end, Senga was there for the taking early, but like all really good pitchers, if you don't take advantage early, he slams the door.

Just part of the up and down rollercoaster. My biggest concern coming out of this game isn't the lack of hitting, timely hitting, feast or famine nature of the team, we've seen it all season. Nope, my big concern is Holderman. He's looking pretty human lately.

Big crowd, 35K plus. I roll my eyes about people over on reddit making comments about "how can Pirates fans let the Mets fans take over the stadium?" These idiots, and anyone else making similar comments need to know three things:

1. This isn't new. It's never new in any stadium where a fanbase will support overwhelmingly their team on the road if it's perceived to be a contender, and the opponent is not. Driving up to 12 hours is really not a big deal, and shorter driving times even easier. I've driven 8 hours just to go to a karate tournament. Two tanks of gas and 2-3 nights in a hotel are not that big of a deal.

2. Those tickets are bought well in advance. It's a vacation trip to many. Pittsburgh sits in a nice spot for a lot of fan bases coming from all directions.

3. Most of those making those sort of comments probably never attend games anyhow, and show their hive mind trolling making those comments. It's the same thing with "attendance smack".

5-11 now, and 2-2 for the homestand. I'm wanting to go tomorrow, I just got called off work.
WildwoodDave2

Official Game Thread - 6/10 - Bucs vs Mets

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4E686F7A737F687E761D0 wrote: Well, kind of boiled down to this:

Marcano pops up a bunt with a guy on third and one out.

Marcano hesitates/double clutches/crow hop whatever, he should have had Marte, and I honestly believe Marcano had no idea how fast Marte is.

Joe hits one that literally, if it's two inches higher, it's a bases clearing double or triple. If it's literally a couple feet higher, it's a grand slam. Joe also got robbed by Nimmo in his next AB.

Bucs couldn't capitalize fully on the errors. When Joe's ball was caught, I got the feeling the team felt they were going to be okay, and would heat up during the game.

I don't understand the intentional walk. The count was 3-0, I say still go after him.

In the end, Senga was there for the taking early, but like all really good pitchers, if you don't take advantage early, he slams the door.

Just part of the up and down rollercoaster. My biggest concern coming out of this game isn't the lack of hitting, timely hitting, feast or famine nature of the team, we've seen it all season. Nope, my big concern is Holderman. He's looking pretty human lately.

Big crowd, 35K plus. I roll my eyes about people over on reddit making comments about "how can Pirates fans let the Mets fans take over the stadium?" These idiots, and anyone else making similar comments need to know three things:

1. This isn't new. It's never new in any stadium where a fanbase will support overwhelmingly their team on the road if it's perceived to be a contender, and the opponent is not. Driving up to 12 hours is really not a big deal, and shorter driving times even easier. I've driven 8 hours just to go to a karate tournament. Two tanks of gas and 2-3 nights in a hotel are not that big of a deal.

2. Those tickets are bought well in advance. It's a vacation trip to many.  Pittsburgh sits in a nice spot for a lot of fan bases coming from all directions.

3. Most of those making those sort of comments probably never attend games anyhow, and show their hive mind trolling making those comments. It's the same thing with "attendance smack".

5-11 now, and 2-2 for the homestand. I'm wanting to go tomorrow, I just got called off work.
It sure would be nice to go and see Cutch get 2000. He

should get it today. I agree with you on how well some teams travel. I have noticed more Pirate fans at road games this year.