Official Game Thread - 5/13 - Bucs @ Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 5/13 - Bucs @ Brewers

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:04 am O M G:

Dejan asked Mortimer Snerd...oops, I mean Derek Shelton what is it going to take to get Conner Joe in the lineup on a regular basis considering he's been their hottest hitter even against RHPs? The moron acted like it wasn't even a legit question. He looked at Dejan with a blank stare and said, "oh, he's been in there. I mean, but we're gonna mix everybody in, so, you know, he's gonna continue to get at-bats against all guys, but we're gonna play our whole roster." He added that they "need to get Rowdy going" because he's a guy they signed in the offseason.

So putting his team in the best position to win is not his job. His job is to play the whole roster. You know, just like the Grapefruit League.
Using his best hitter on a team desperate for hitting is not his job. His job is to mix everybody in. Just like the minors.
And they signed Rowdy coming off seasons hitting .219 and .215 but they have to play him because they signed him.

Shelton's answers were absolutely stunning. The blank stare suggested he could scarcely believe anyone thought the question was even worth asking. And the candid answer indicating that the goal is to play everybody and not focus on who's hitting and who isn't reveals that they think this is good management and they don't expect fans to be concerned about it. For anyone who wants evidence that they are not trying to win, this is a smoking gun. I didn't like Shelton before. Now I loathe him. He disgusts me.
This is really disturbing, admitting out loud that playing everyone takes precedence over playing the best line-up. Is this Little League? Normally I’d say that the commissioner should be made aware of this but I don’t think he’d care.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bucs pick up a third run on a McCutchen single and Reynolds double. Keller has pitched out of jams in the second and third. 3-0 Bucs.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Is it just me or does Triolo fly out weakly to right field a lot?
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bucs go a little too quietly in the 4th. Still lead 3-0.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Doc wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:34 am
Bobster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 12:04 am O M G:

Dejan asked Mortimer Snerd...oops, I mean Derek Shelton what is it going to take to get Conner Joe in the lineup on a regular basis considering he's been their hottest hitter even against RHPs? The moron acted like it wasn't even a legit question. He looked at Dejan with a blank stare and said, "oh, he's been in there. I mean, but we're gonna mix everybody in, so, you know, he's gonna continue to get at-bats against all guys, but we're gonna play our whole roster." He added that they "need to get Rowdy going" because he's a guy they signed in the offseason.

So putting his team in the best position to win is not his job. His job is to play the whole roster. You know, just like the Grapefruit League.
Using his best hitter on a team desperate for hitting is not his job. His job is to mix everybody in. Just like the minors.
And they signed Rowdy coming off seasons hitting .219 and .215 but they have to play him because they signed him.

Shelton's answers were absolutely stunning. The blank stare suggested he could scarcely believe anyone thought the question was even worth asking. And the candid answer indicating that the goal is to play everybody and not focus on who's hitting and who isn't reveals that they think this is good management and they don't expect fans to be concerned about it. For anyone who wants evidence that they are not trying to win, this is a smoking gun. I didn't like Shelton before. Now I loathe him. He disgusts me.
This is really disturbing, admitting out loud that playing everyone takes precedence over playing the best line-up. Is this Little League? Normally I’d say that the commissioner should be made aware of this but I don’t think he’d care.
That says it all!!
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

BTW- Tellez is 0 for2
Doc

Post by Doc »

Much better inning for Keller has he goes three up, three down on eight pitches. Bucs 3 Hated Brewers 0 after four.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Reynolds with his third hit but Bucs can’t score. We desperately need him to hit and put some amount of fear into opposing pitchers. Still 3-0 Bucs after four and a half.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Fricken Contreras is another guy who wears us out. I’m sick to death of that guy.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Keller, for the third time tonight, pitches out of a two on situation. Still 3-0 good guys after five.