2024 Official Spring Training Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

JollyRoger8

Re: 2024 Official Spring Training Thread

Post by JollyRoger8 »

No way would I include Solometo, Jones, or Chandler.
Solometo is going to be special
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:55 am No way would I include Solometo, Jones, or Chandler.
Solometo is going to be special
I agree with you, I said any young pitcher other than those 3 and Skenes.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm Here it is "Pitchers & Catchers Report"! I hope that phrase satisfies Doc who I here is in Bradenton as I type.

Talk about whatever comes to mind as the Bucs try to become a competitive team without spending too much of Bob's money and hurt his profits.
Actually, I’m in Ft. Myers, the old home of the Bucs Spring Training site.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Bobster wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:40 pm
Flemings meets the team's requirement of having a pulse.
My wife's Stethoscope says barely :lol:
Possum

Post by Possum »

I'm sitting here waiting for breakfast wondering how Marin will screw up Paul Skenes. Will he screw up Skenes' fastball while he teaches him some slow and breaking stuff? 🤞
Let's Go Bucs
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Doc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 am
Possum wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:21 pm Here it is "Pitchers & Catchers Report"! I hope that phrase satisfies Doc who I here is in Bradenton as I type.

Talk about whatever comes to mind as the Bucs try to become a competitive team without spending too much of Bob's money and hurt his profits.
Did you visit Terry Park?
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Bobster wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:21 pm
Doc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:47 am

Did you visit Terry Park?
Many times. We play in a tournament for two weeks every November and typically play two or three games there each year. It never gets old. The “stadium” has been refurbished, the old clubhouse is still intact, and there are three large banners hanging on the bleachers that list all of the Hall of Famers who’ve played there. It’s like going back in time. It’s a small facility compared to the ones the Twins and Red Sox have built in Ft. Myers, where we also play, but it’s worth a trip to see for any Pirates fan if they’re in the area.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

I forgot about last years hot start, since it was so short and crushed by the Cruz injury. Just read, Bucs let that OF C.Smith Nij?? go !! I believe that will be a bad mistake. Guy can hit and was just getting things together after bad start and demotion last year. And they gave up too quick. Could have brought him to ST at least. But they will keep a Palacios or weak ass Bae? I can see it now, he will be a player for Seattle.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Anyone follow MLB Network "Top 100 Right Now"? They are down through number 21, and the Bucs have one player named so far- Bryan Reynolds at number 71. He was 60 in 2023.

There are 6 3B listed so far, with Henderson, Arenado, Devers going 34,33,32. So we won't see Hayes I'm guessing.

First RP out was Edwin Diaz at 80, then Josh Hader. Can't see them putting Bednar above him.

Those would be the only 3 I could see making the list, along with Cruz, but he hasn't even put in a half season yet.

Sometimes, as Pirates fans we feel left out.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:23 pm Anyone follow MLB Network "Top 100 Right Now"? They are down through number 21, and the Bucs have one player named so far- Bryan Reynolds at number 71. He was 60 in 2023.

There are 6 3B listed so far, with Henderson, Arenado, Devers going 34,33,32. So we won't see Hayes I'm guessing.

First RP out was Edwin Diaz at 80, then Josh Hader. Can't see them putting Bednar above him.

Those would be the only 3 I could see making the list, along with Cruz, but he hasn't even put in a half season yet.

Sometimes, as Pirates fans we feel left out.
Yeah, we’re left out for sure, but we shouldn’t be surprised. All of these years of losing, with literally no attempt to even try to be competitive, how can the people who provide these rankings take the Pirates seriously?