The Draft Poll

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

The Draft Poll

Post by Javy »

707C7D262F262E23243B21160 wrote: I have this feeling that the Pirates will pick Langford at 1-1. I really think Crews doesn’t want to play for Pittsburgh. I cannot see him sitting out if they pick him, but he may want to really exceed the slotted amount, and the Bucs may decide to not meet his demands.
I agree with you. I stated in another thread that although they may be negotiating with Crews/Boras, they should also be doing the same with Langford. Crews will want overslot money to sign and I firmly believe the Bucs should not do that.
WildwoodDave2

The Draft Poll

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4D66717E070 wrote: I have this feeling that the Pirates will pick Langford at 1-1. I really think Crews doesn’t want to play for Pittsburgh. I cannot see him sitting out if they pick him, but he may want to really exceed the slotted amount, and the Bucs may decide to not meet his demands.
I agree with you. I stated in another thread that although they may be negotiating with Crews/Boras, they should also be doing the same with Langford. Crews will want overslot money to sign and I firmly believe the Bucs should not do that.
I am fine with Langford. I am fine with not giving Crews over slot money. I wouldn't give it to a Pitcher either. Too risky
Ecbucs

The Draft Poll

Post by Ecbucs »

55746168506972617465000 wrote: When Boras is your agent, you can expect crap like this:

https://triblive.com/sports/report-perc ... n-pirates/

Of course, it may just be Boras setting the table for when Crews says he wants $10 million. I'm glad Crews thinks he is that good - as I recall, so did Pedro another Boras boy who played the money game when drafted and then showed the college game was not the best prep for MLB.

who else is a Boras client?
Build

The Draft Poll

Post by Build »

I really believe We Need More and Better Pitchers and Paul Skenes Fits that Bill.
JollyRoger

The Draft Poll

Post by JollyRoger »

74515252476C51595B4C3E0 wrote: With the draft 2 weeks away, and a chance to see 3 of the top 5 prospects in the College WS this weekend, who do you want the Bucs to draft.

There has been a lot of speculation recently that the Bucs may be favoring Skenes instead of Crews. Skenes has been awesome and the Bucs will never afford pitching at the ML level.

However picking a pitcher at #1 is too big of a risk. Very small percentage have been dominant ML pitchers.

For every Gerrit Cole, there was Benson, Bullinton, even Taillon though he had some success. Look at what happened to Strausburg  after his initial success.

Crews is my vote as he has a chance to be a generational talent.

Also I want a Number 1 to be in the lineup every day, not once in 5 days.

I will be disappointed if the select Skenes

I will be disgusted if they try to save money and go with a HS kid.

This is an obvious choice, please don’t blow it BC

Update: with the news that Crews wants over slot, I actually am leaning towards Skenes. I know I said I prefer an everyday player, but Skenes is the best pitcher since Cole. The Pirates would never pay for that type of talent. Draft Skenes and hope we get a WS victory while he is with us