Pirates join Penguins as joint owners of SportsNet Pittsburgh

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster

Re: Pirates join Penguins as joint owners of SportsNet Pittsburgh

Post by Bobster »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:16 pm
Possum wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:34 pm Sounds great to me. I only hope that the arsehole Robby is kicked down the river without a paddle. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I guess Robby is out after 11 years. I just saw a tweet from Jason Mackey. Always tough to hear someone lost their job. Good luck to him.
But neither did I want to see him continue in this one. The PG article says they will hire someone to replace him (as opposed to eliminating the position). https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pir ... 2312140100

I'm hopeful this is a sign that SportsNet Pittsburgh realizes improvements in the broadcast have to be made. Robbie drew a lot of criticism here and in online PG comments. His post game interviews were cringeworthy, as he didn't seem to understand the game well enough to know what to say or ask. And he was used to distract viewers from the game with his interviews in the stands and "food in the booth" segments. Hopefully, the broadcast producers will have a better idea of what viewers who tune in to see a ball game want to see. And what they don't want to see.
There's no basement in the Alamo.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Maybe Robby will still be working at PNC after all- selling peanuts and popcorn :lol:
Bobster

Post by Bobster »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:07 am Maybe Robby will still be working at PNC after all- selling peanuts and popcorn :lol:
"What led to you buying the peanuts?"
"How does it feel to eat the popcorns?"
There's no basement in the Alamo.
wvbucco

Post by wvbucco »

The only thing that really bugged me about Robby was when his question took longer to ask than the answer took.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'm okay with this, but I was hoping that by going to MLB, they would have streaming options, which would have made them available presumably everywhere.

But supposedly there is a plan for this setup to eventually have some streaming options, so I guess I'll just have to wait and find out. I do like that there will still be the pre and post game stuff. The Pens get a lot of replay action on the games, so I hope the Pirates continue that as well.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just saw a note from Jason Mackey who said Steven Brault is joining the Pirates pre and post game programs on the new Pittsburgh Sports Network.