Niese on the block

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Niese on the block

Post by Bobster21 »

33010D0D192B08010C090601600 wrote: I think the best trade partners for Niese would be the Orioles and the Red Sox. Both have back ends that are a complete mess and i would take prospects for Niese without question.

Orioles rotation other than Tillman is a complete disaster. But their farm system is weak. I wonder if the Bucs could get a decent prospect from them.

For Jon Niese???

Yes, a "decent" prospect. Obviously, they won't get a top prospect for Niese. So once you rule out the best prospects in a weak system, would the Orioles even have anything decent to offer?
Steve19981

Niese on the block

Post by Steve19981 »

5A777A6B6C7D6A2A29180 wrote: I think the best trade partners for Niese would be the Orioles and the Red Sox. Both have back ends that are a complete mess and i would take prospects for Niese without question.

Orioles rotation other than Tillman is a complete disaster. But their farm system is weak. I wonder if the Bucs could get a decent prospect from them.

For Jon Niese???

Yes, a "decent" prospect. Obviously, they won't get a top prospect for Niese. So once you rule out the best prospects in a weak system, would the Orioles even have anything decent to offer?

The Pirates are going to have to eat some salary to get any deal done, but if they do, I agree that a decent prospect should be the return. The Orioles aren't very good at developing pitchers. The Pirates are. Looking at their system a guy like Tanner Scott could play up in the Pirates organization. They also have Jon Keller, Mitch Keller's brother.
CutchisaBoss

Niese on the block

Post by CutchisaBoss »

6D60615640404C45424D230 wrote: Trevor Williams too.

Williams, Kuhl and Brault are back of the rotation guys, you have to be pretty optimistic to think more than a 3. 

People are talking about Glasnow's control...what if that never changes?  Taillon might never be healthy. 

As for Niese, maybe we can trade for a starting 2B?

They all may not blossom, but it's also really unlikely that they all bust.

The point I was making, we have a wealth of upper level starters that are legit prospects...some more so than others, but still...