Rotation to start 2nd half...

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Tintin

Post by Tintin »

5673727D68747D722F281C0 wrote: Any word on the rotation?

I'll be at the game Saturday night in Washington, DC. I'd love to see Cole, Taillon or Glasnow.

I'm going Friday and Saturday. They are winless the

last four times I've seen them play in DC.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

606C6D363F363E33342B31060 wrote: Just read  a very interesting tweet on the Pittsburgh Tribune that stated coming out of the All Star Break Indy's pitchers will be Boscan, Williams, Brault, and Duncan. Since Glasnow is not mentioned I wonder if he is joining the Bucs in DC.  I am also going to assume that Taillon, and Cole will be coming off the DL. If all 3 guys join the team I would guess that Kuhl, Bell and ? would be leaving the 25 man roster. Could a trade be in the works for whomever the third player would be to be removed from the roster.

Glasnow isn't eligible to pitch until Sunday. I'd keep Bell up til at least Sunday, before switching them out.

Tallion could come back on Friday.
Blackmax

Post by Blackmax »

0835322835325C0 wrote: Any word on the rotation?

I'll be at the game Saturday night in Washington, DC. I'd love to see Cole, Taillon or Glasnow.

I'm going Friday and Saturday.  They are winless the

last four times I've seen them play in DC.

I perceive a pattern and a cause. If the Bucs lose on Friday, then you should seriously reconsider going on Saturday.
OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Biertempfel tweeted that Pirates are trying to move Locke and Niese to open up the spot for Glasnow.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

Pirates announced their rotation for the weekend with Liriano, Cole, and Kuhl

My guess is Kuhl will then go down for Taillon to come off the DL, then maybe Bell down if (and it's a big if) Glasnow takes a rotation spot.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

46767A61617C7B58746666150 wrote: Pirates announced their rotation for the weekend with Liriano, Cole, and Kuhl

My guess is Kuhl will then go down for Taillon to come off the DL, then maybe Bell down if (and it's a big if) Glasnow takes a rotation spot. I'd rather have Taillon pitching in this series if he is ready and available over Kuhl. He is eligible to come off the DL tomorrow I believe so I don't see the problem. I don't know what they plan on doing to keep Bell up here after this weekend but they definitely need to do it. Just saw Biertempel's tweet about trying to move both Locke or Niese to open up a spot for Glasnow. Glasnow definitely looks like he will make another start at some point next week when the Bucs return home for that 8 game homestand starting Tuesday night with the Brewers.

johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

I'd rather see Glasnow stay in the majors. If he is having success pitching wrong in AAA, how does that reinforce pitching correctly? In the majors, maybe a little negative feedback will help him really focus.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I was definitely expecting Kuhl to be the odd man out. So a little bit surprised he is the one getting the start on Sunday. The Pirates will not need a 5th starter technically until the 2nd week of August with all of these off-days. So it will be interesting to see how they handle the starters going into next week.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

It's also possible that Taillon is not ready. I believe if his injury was "fake", they would have DL'd him after his last start and not wait 4 additional days before they did. He may truly have an injury and he needs some more time. Maybe.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7949455E5E4344674B59592A0 wrote: It's also possible that Taillon is not ready. I believe if his injury was "fake", they would have DL'd him after his last start and not wait 4 additional days before they did. He may truly have an injury and he needs some more time. Maybe.

I thought he said he wasn't hurt and did not know he was going on the DL (rookie mistake leaking info)?