Shelby Miller

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

skinnyhorse

Shelby Miller

Post by skinnyhorse »

1D2A3C2C193E313631181E5F0 wrote: Wasn't Shelby Miller pretty hittable as a Redbird, before he was dwelt to the Braves?

Bucs Fan in ga :o

No he was one of their best young pitcher they needed a outfielder and they traded him for J. Heyward.
BucsFaninGA

Shelby Miller

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Skinny Horse,Must have gotten him mixed up with someone else. Heyward was an Atlanta boy who Braves decided did not hit for enough power. Appreciate your post.

Bucs Fan in GA
skinnyhorse

Shelby Miller

Post by skinnyhorse »

546375655077787F785157160 wrote: Skinny Horse,Must have gotten him mixed up with someone else. Heyward was an Atlanta boy who Braves decided did not hit for enough power. Appreciate your post.

Bucs Fan in GA

Yes that what I said Jason Heyward for Shelby Miller. He had a great year with Atlanta who traded him to Arizona for a boat load of Prospects. Not sure why the confusion here I'm just saying Shelby Miller was a highly thought of pitcher with the Cardinals, they were desperate to replace Beltran who went to NYY as a FA so they traded him to Atlanta.
CutchisaBoss

Shelby Miller

Post by CutchisaBoss »

No way. He was one of those guys that basically lived off of hype to offset average performance before his one big year in Atlanta. Now he's making Liriano look good with a velocity drop. No thanks. He's on the fast track to being a guy we talk about signing in an offseason for uncle Ray to fix.
CutchisaBoss

Shelby Miller

Post by CutchisaBoss »

726A686F6F78696E737264010 wrote: I'd be very interested I'd think Ray Searage could fix him, he was a great young pitcher just a couple of years ago.  Big guy with a good arm.

His velocity has dropped 1.3 mph as a 25 year old...so, unless uncle Ray has orthopedic surgery training from Johns Hopkins or a connection to A-rods guy, I don't like the odds here. That's a big drop at 25, major red flag.