8/5 Game Thread - Taillon

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

8/5 Game Thread - Taillon

Post by CarolinaBucco »

I know it's not going to happen, but the Pirates need to take all 6 from the Reds and Padres to make up for the FIASCO for the MIL & ATL series.

I was at PNC last night and it was a good win, and a desperately needed win. And the pitching (except for Watson's leadoff walk) was exceptional, and the defense (especially J-Hay) was superb

However, the offense is so bad, and so lethargic and so lifeless. Through 7 innings the Pirates had 2 runs on 2 hits. This team is DESPERATE for a shake-up or a jolt of energy to get them kick-started.

Hitting is contagious, and right now no one has contracted the virus -- except for maybe Freese. That's it.

I would promote Bell right now. I realize he may not be ready at first, but man this team needs his bat in the worst way. The offense needs a burst of energy, a shake-up. If he gets up here and he's another Pedro at 1st, then send him back. But if he can just be competent at 1st, then I'd play him there every day. He's already 23. Not like he's 19 or 21. Let's get him up here and see what he's got.