Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CutchisaBoss

8/28 Game Thread - Nova v the House of Horrors

Post by CutchisaBoss »

Jaso finally does something...
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Polanco follows with number 20 Bucs up 2-1. Meanwhile great news on the scoreboard as the Marlins have already lost, and both the Mets and Cardinals are both down 5-1 and 5-2 in their games. Great opportunity for the Pirates today to gain ground on everybody.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another solid outing for Nova. Man has this guy been solid or what. If the Pirates do make the wildcard game I go with either Taillon or Nova over Cole at this point and don't even think twice about my decision. Nova has been phenomenal. All the guy does is throw strikes and get guys out.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Don't like Hurdle taking Nova out here at only 75 pitches. Let him go out there for the 7th inning as well.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

STARLING!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

First homer by Marte in 6 weeks. So both him and Jaso today ending long homer less streaks.
BenM

Post by BenM »

OK, they've shown they can beat a bad team.

Now we'll see if they can beat a good team.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

How sweep it is. Can't figure this team out. They go 1-5 at home last week and then come back and sweep the Brewers in 4 games. I don't want to get too excited with this team because they could easily go to Wrigley and lose all 3 games. This was a great weekend though for the Bucs. They picked up a ton of ground on both the Marlins and Cardinals over the last 4-5 days.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Wow. I was not expecting that following such a sorry homestand ... a 4-game road sweep against the HATED Brewers.

And how about this ...

* 8 straight road wins.

* And dating back to June 24, the Pirates are 33-22. That's .600 baseball over 2+ months.

Gotta keep it going. Gotta get at least one in Chicago, hopefully two. Cannot get swept.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bucs have now won 8 in a row on the road and are 33-22 since June 24th which is the best record in baseball in the last two months.