Cutch Trade Idea

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by DemDog »

487A76766250737A77727D7A1B0 wrote: Isn't Jose DeLeon like 60 years old at this point?  ;)

Not quite, only 55.
JollyRoger

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by JollyRoger »

I never thought I would say this as I wanted Cutch to be a lifetime Buc. However those are 2 excellent prospects. I don't think the Bucs could do much better. Still don't see how this would make sense for the Dodgers given their debt situation.
LumberCo

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by LumberCo »

1A3B331A31395E0 wrote: Isn't Jose DeLeon like 60 years old at this point?  ;)

Not quite, only 55.

everything he threw moved like crazy, if this Jose Deleon was as good as that one I would make that move in a heart beat. LOL
Ecbucs

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by Ecbucs »

Major league trade rumors has posted article on possible Cutch trade (mentions Nats, Rangers).

How in any sense can Cutch be looked at as overpaid for 2017? John Jay is going to get 8 million. Neil Walker will get more than Cutch.

Here is one of the comments;

A former MVP, an elite player all these years and they still don’t want to give the guy at least half a season to get right because of a down season? My god some teams are cheap…
Ecbucs

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by Ecbucs »

Major League trade rumors reports Bucs are pushing a Cutch deal. Also that they want prospects back. Unless they want to flip them, the team is not trying for 2017. Very disappointing. If this comes true, the Bucs should face some tough questions.

The Bucs “are looking primarily for prospects” in return for their long-time star. In the meantime, the team is also checking in with other teams on possible outfield trade targets, per Nesbitt’s colleague Bill Brink (via Twitter).
RichD

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by RichD »

Cutch will hit 30+ hr in Texas. Line drives find away out in that park.

If i was Cutch i would want to go to Texas but not the Mariners.

I think Cutch will have a bounceback season..He had a down year thats all. We can move him in July when we are 15 games behind the cubs
SammyKhalifa

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1D262C270B4F0 wrote: Cutch will hit 30+ hr in Texas. Line drives find away out in that park.

If i was Cutch i would want to go to Texas but not the Mariners.

I think Cutch will have a bounceback season..He had a down year thats all. We can move him in July when we are 15 games behind the cubs

Yeah. I don't see the hurry in trading him after his worst season.
Tintin

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by Tintin »

I would send him to the Yankees for Luis Serverino, ClintFrazier and ....CC Sabathia.

This adds a starter for this season, another starting pitcher with upside and a high upside OF.

With Frazier plus Meadows, we have a future outfield in place and can either trade one or look at moving Polanco (yes) or Marte (no), who will bring back a nice haul.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

McCutchen talks are heating up. Latest rumor is that the Pirates are aggressively trying to trade him. There was a good twenty minutes on the MLB Network last night about the Pirates and McCutchen.

I wonder if he is fighting moving to a corner outfield spot? Will other teams put him in CF?
iabucco

Cutch Trade Idea

Post by iabucco »

I am fine with trading Cutch but if they don't get a very good return, I hope they are patient enough to give him half a season to show last year was a fluke. It is gamble because if he struggles the return will drop again but Cutch at anywhere near his normal years is a bargain for what he is paid and should get a good return.