If Bucs trade Cutch, who plays RF in 2017

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Why not just put NJBucFan's pet duck named "McCuthen" out there! 8-)
RichD

Post by RichD »

Meadows needs to stay at AAA. He is being pushed through the system too fast. Meadows and Barnes should get a sept. call up if all goes well. And they both can stay healthy. Meadows play is solid but he is always hurt.

PMike

Post by PMike »

655E545F73370 wrote: Meadows needs to stay at AAA. He is being pushed through the system too fast.  Meadows and Barnes should get a sept. call up if all goes well. And they both can stay healthy. Meadows play is solid but he is always hurt.

He's getting pushed through the system fast because he is an elite talent who is dominating at each level. He's a career .300 hitter in the minors with an .850 OPS. Plus he has 29 HRs. And he's only 21.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Austin Meadows, the pride of Grayson, GA! Where is Grayson, GA. In Gwinnett County, right outside of Snellville where everyone is somebody or at least that is the city's motto.

The Bucs find a talent in the middle of Braves Territory! Really cool...FYI, While attending a basketball skills contest two winters ago, I spoke with Austin Meadows high school baseball coach. He said that Meadows has a ton of talent and even surprised him. Austin went to the Pam American Games while he was in High School and just hit the ball everywhere. It seems like the Kid is the real deal. As another poster stated, the kids just keeps on hitting and improving. And he is still a kid too. Kinda cool that the Bucs stole a player from the Braves scouts outside Atlanta. Looking forward to seeing Austin Meadows continue to improve...

Beat'em Bucs

Bucs Fan in GA :D
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

4275637346616E696E4741000 wrote: Austin Meadows, the pride of Grayson, GA! Where is Grayson, GA. In Gwinnett County, right outside of Snellville where everyone is somebody or at least that is the city's motto.

The Bucs find a talent in the middle of Braves Territory! Really cool...FYI, While attending a basketball skills contest two winters ago, I spoke with Austin Meadows high school baseball coach. He said that Meadows has a ton of talent and even surprised him. Austin went to the Pam American Games while he was in High School and just hit the ball everywhere. It seems like the Kid is the real deal. As another poster stated, the kids just keeps on hitting and improving. And he is still a kid too. Kinda cool that the Bucs stole a player from the Braves scouts outside Atlanta. Looking forward to seeing Austin Meadows continue to improve...

Beat'em Bucs

Bucs Fan in GA    :D

He is going to special. The Braves never had a chance at him. They picked so late only because they lost Upton in free agency. Pretty cool you may know people who know him.
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

DogKnot, He comes from good people. His Mom is an elementary school teacher, 3rd grade to be exact. I was visiting my son last year and she saw my Pirates Polo Shirt. Said you know my son plays in the Pirates system. I said, Yes Maam and is in the Pirates top 10 prospects. She smiled and said, we hope he can get healed soon after getting hit in the eye in spring training. He kinda reminds me of a young Roger Maris in his build and looks. Wouldn't it be cool if he hit like Roger Maris :D

FYI< you know Joe L. Brown had a deal in the works in 1959 to bring Roger Maris to the Pirates, but it fizzled out at the last minute. Wouldn't that have been cool Roger Maris in the Buccos OF with the Quail in CF, Ariba in RF and Roger in LF 8-)

Beat'em Bucs
Quail

Post by Quail »

7641574772555A5D5A7375340 wrote: DogKnot, He comes from good people. His Mom is an elementary school teacher, 3rd grade to be exact. I was visiting my son last year and she saw my Pirates Polo Shirt. Said you know my son plays in the Pirates system. I said, Yes Maam and is in the Pirates top 10 prospects. She smiled and said, we hope he can get healed soon after getting hit in the eye in spring training. He kinda reminds me of a young Roger Maris in his build and looks. Wouldn't it be cool if he hit like Roger Maris :D

FYI< you know Joe L. Brown had a deal in the works in 1959 to bring Roger Maris to the Pirates, but it fizzled out at the last minute. Wouldn't that have been cool Roger Maris in the Buccos OF with the Quail in CF, Ariba in RF and Roger in LF 8-)

Beat'em Bucs   

Well that just might have been the best defensive outfield ever. Maris' offense unfairly overshadowed his defense. He was a Gold Glove outfielder. On the downside the Pirates probably would have had to trade one of my favorites, Bob 'The Dog' Skinner to make room for Roger. :'(
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Quail, I do think that Bob Skinner was the guy along with a pitcher going to KC. I read this in a book called 1961...Maris was one heck of a player in my book. Sure Mantle was great, but Maris was my favorite on those Yankee teams along with little Bobby Richardson...Other than that, never been much of a New York Yankees fan until Doc Medich came to the Pirates in the 70's. Hated it when they dealt him to the A's, but then again that netted old Scrap Iron...Beat'em Bucs :D
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

Bell
BucsFaninGA

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Would love to see them sign former Pirate, Giant, BlueJay, Tiger, Indian-Rajai Davis to hold down RF til Meadows is ready for the Big Leagues... He still has game! :D