former Rockies Lefty Starter-Jorge De la Rosa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do. This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

585F49414F581F136A4D474B4346044945472A0 wrote: He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do.  This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.

Once again NH is diving into the dumpster to try and find a gem. Both with De la Rosa and Pat Light.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

24050D240F07600 wrote: He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do.  This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.

Once again NH is diving into the dumpster to try and find a gem.  Both with De la Rosa and Pat Light. 

Light didn't cost the Pirates anything. Not much money. A hard thrower who gets groundballs. No risk.

I doubt de la Rosa would be as cheap, but would welcome him under the same terms.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

614048614A42250 wrote: He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do.  This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.

Once again NH is diving into the dumpster to try and find a gem.  Both with De la Rosa and Pat Light. 

Yeah, you're right. It's far from what I want to solidify the rotation. But I have no problem letting Ray tinker with him. We still need one more starter.
wtmjkj@verizon.net

Post by wtmjkj@verizon.net »

6B4D4C5B4D5D2E0 wrote: I remember being interested in him a few seasons ago but isn't he 500 years old?

Wade LeBlanc hates this rumor.

Reason for us to like it.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Jorge De La Rosa? For real?

Ironically, he was one of the many players that the Pirates came, "oh so close," to signing like 6 or 7 years ago.  You know, the famous, "very competitive offer," that somehow is never competitive enough.

Now, seven years later when he'll be 36 by the start of the season, coming off his worst season in years, he's still being discussed as an option? 

Maybe we can get Dave Littlefield to negotiate the deal, for old time's sake!

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E6E7D60610F0 wrote: Jorge De La Rosa? For real?

Ironically, he was one of the many players that the Pirates came, "oh so close," to signing like 6 or 7 years ago.  You know, the famous, "very competitive offer," that somehow is never competitive enough.

Now, seven years later when he'll be 36 by the start of the season, coming off his worst season in years, he's still being discussed as an option? 

Look at the bright side. The Pirates are only about 10 years away from signing Clayton Kershaw! :)
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

775A57464150470704350 wrote: Jorge De La Rosa? For real?

Look at the bright side. The Pirates are only about 10 years away from signing Clayton Kershaw!  :)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
UtahPirate

Post by UtahPirate »

I brought his name up last week in the Starting Five thread. We need a lefty really badly in the 5. One year at a decent cost and some time with Searage -- who knows? He seems like a Bucco reclamation project.

Just find a lefty somewhere. Five RHPs in our starting rotation? PNC plays so well for most lefty pitchers.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

44656D446F67000 wrote: He would surely be cheap. I have no problem seeing what Ray can do.  This is an area where Neal has proven to be right more often then not. As long as he's cheap there is no down side.

You have stolen my thunder here. ;D