John Jaso BABIP

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

johnfluharty

John Jaso BABIP

Post by johnfluharty »

He's not as bad as Pedro, but his range is definitely not good.
SammyKhalifa

John Jaso BABIP

Post by SammyKhalifa »

023B232C2B3C0D214E0 wrote: only thing I know is; watching him field the ball in right field is like doing a self inflicted root canal.  keep asking myself "Why"?  painful to watch, same feeling I used to get watching Pedro play the field.  Torture!

He is certainly miscast in that role, but the vitriol spewed in his direction was way over-the-top. It seemed pretty clear that he was never as bad as people thought he was a few weeks ago.
Aaron

John Jaso BABIP

Post by Aaron »

5E6C60607446656C61646B6C0D0 wrote: only thing I know is; watching him field the ball in right field is like doing a self inflicted root canal.  keep asking myself "Why"?  painful to watch, same feeling I used to get watching Pedro play the field.  Torture!

He is certainly miscast in that role, but the vitriol spewed in his direction was way over-the-top.  It seemed pretty clear that he was never as bad as people thought he was a few weeks ago.

Oh, I think Jaso is every bit as bad in the OF as we all thought.

But I agree that the vitriol directed at him is ridiculous. He's not the one that decided he should be playing OF. He's just doing his job.

Any and all vitriol should be directed at Pirates management and ownership. They've made it very clear that they're not at all concerned with how many games the team wins. They're quite comfortable putting players in positions that they're terrible at and have no worries about the results.

Want to know how I know this? Because I've been watching this team/organization for many, many years.
SammyKhalifa

John Jaso BABIP

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Well yeah, he is no OF and is a mismatch for the team and what they need. His hitting is fine though and it's not his fault the team doesn't have any outfielders.
SammyKhalifa

John Jaso BABIP

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Jaso is 4 for the last 9, 10 of 24.  In the last month his OBP of .415 and SLG of .552 each lead all of our regulars. 

His season BABIP is all the way up to .292, near his lifetime average of .298.

Seems like things even out after all. 

And maybe the management wasn't "Clueless" and Stupid when they kept playing him.  Maybe (and I know this is stretch) they know things we don't. 

Bobster21

John Jaso BABIP

Post by Bobster21 »

7C4E42425664474E4346494E2F0 wrote:

And maybe the management wasn't "Clueless" and Stupid when they kept playing him.  Maybe (and I know this is stretch) they know things we don't. 

Aw, come on now. I'm not willing to go that far!