Reasons to Believe

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Reasons to Believe

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I believe since the NL went to a five team Central Division the Bucs are the only team which has not won the Division. It would be nice if they could somehow win it this year if no team ran away with it.
DemDog

Reasons to Believe

Post by DemDog »

I've been believing since 1958. It is like believing in the Pirates is in my genes. And wouldn't you know it my daughter believes and my two grandkids do to. So it must be the genes! ;D
mouse

Reasons to Believe

Post by mouse »

And good genes they are! That's what being a Pirate fan is all about.
johnfluharty

Reasons to Believe

Post by johnfluharty »

Oh, it's in my blood for sure. My dad's parents went to Pirates games when they were dating in the 40s. My dad was a fan and I am a fan. Alas, my daughter is not, but she was already 11 when I acquired her. She's a McCutchen fan but not really into baseball. I have plans to make my future grandchildren Pirate fans though. :)
SammyKhalifa

Reasons to Believe

Post by SammyKhalifa »

My Gr-Grandfather is literally buried right "next door" to Honus Wagner.   Unlike many who claimed to be, my dad really actually was there in 1960 (has the ticket to prove it). I guess I didn't have a choice.:)
BucsFaninGA

Reasons to Believe

Post by BucsFaninGA »

In the words of former Met, Philly relief pitcher...You gotta believe and wouldn't be sweet if things did improve and our Bucs were in the thick of it! Stranger things have happened. Lots of positives to take away if you care to be optimistic. Doubt if Kang plays this year, but I imagine Starling Marte will be eager to play come mid July...If we could just get Cole back in a groove...Beat'em Bucs on a rainy, muggy, humid June 6th-D Day in Humid Atlanta, GA 8-)
fjk090852-7

Reasons to Believe

Post by fjk090852-7 »

There is hope as long as the Cubs and Cards don't run off with a long winning streak. I really believe that the return of Taillon will be a large boost to the team. Cole is in a funk right now, but he will bounce back. I think before long Santana will join the bullpen from Indy and that will be another positive to the team. This could be a season in which 88-89 wins takes home the division.
Aaron

Reasons to Believe

Post by Aaron »

I believe the 2017 Pirates stink. And there are lots of reasons supporting this opinion.
mouse

Reasons to Believe

Post by mouse »

Ah, yes, but from the glass is half full perspective, the Pirates are in decent position in the Tragic Ten race (the race to get the top draft pick next year). Using this morning's (6-9-2017) ESPN reported standings, I think we're at number 4 with 34 losses. The Padres, Phils, and Giants are ahead of us. There are a number of teams at 33, including the White Sox, who traded everyone they could trade. Of course, there is a long way to go, and of course, even if we end up at four, there will only be three really strong players next year, but still . . . that's why that glass is only half full.
ArnoldRothstein

Reasons to Believe

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

2022383E284D0 wrote: Using this morning's (6-9-2017) ESPN reported standings, I think we're at number 4 with 34 losses. The Padres, Phils, and Giants are ahead of us. There are a number of teams at 33, including the White Sox, who traded everyone they could trade.

I think that when you do the upside down standings, you have to go by "the all-important win column."