Is Jordy injured?/Game thread 7/6

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Is this the game thread?

Back to back outfield assists for Osuna. Two great throws to nail two runners at second.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

343F373B3E3F246167102931383F3F7E333F500 wrote: Is this the game thread?

Back to back outfield assists for Osuna. Two great throws to nail two runners at second.
Wow! Great throws.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Bell makes up for not paying attention on the Diaz throw. :)
dogknot17@yahoo.co

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: Bell makes up for not paying attention on the Diaz throw.  :)

As I said, "Let's go Bell, you owe us a run" out loud all alone.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

58535B575253480D0B7C455D545353125F533C0 wrote: Bell makes up for not paying attention on the Diaz throw.  :)

As I said, "Let's go Bell, you owe us a run" out loud all alone.
Hmmm, something's fishy. I suspect Bell has bugged your house.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Polanco goes yard. Line drive crushed.

Who is pitching for the Phillies? Does he even hit 90 mph?
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Jeremy Hellickson. Was once a big time prospect for the Rays.

Anyway, strategy question, since I'm in a criticize the Bucs mode today. If Bob Walk is right, and Kuhl "dotted an i," meaning he put that pitch right where Diaz wanted it, why does Diaz want it on the outside corner when you are shifting three guys to the left side of second base? In other words, with that set up, you're inviting him to hit it right where your fielders AREN'T. Logic would say to me that if you are going to shift to a guy's pull side, that you ought to work him inside.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

If a shift is on, it probably means they rarely go the opposite way. An outside pitch is harder to pull. Pitching inside would pitch to the hitters strength if they always pull the ball.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2328202C2928337670073E262F2828692428470 wrote: If a shift is on, it probably means they rarely go the opposite way. An outside pitch is harder to pull.  Pitching inside would pitch to the hitters strength if they always pull the ball.
The question was, why would they shift an extra infielder to the left of 2B expecting the batter to pull the ball that way but then pitch him outside so that he is more likely to take that outside pitch to the other side of 2b?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Because he is going to pull that outside pitch softly compared to an inside pitch. It's harder to pull an outside pitch.

Back to the game, Kuhl is in trouble. Two lefties warming up in the pen.