Afternoon in SF

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Afternoon in SF

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

4D4546716742656A040 wrote: Giants traded Eduardo Nunez last night.  They'll be a bit shorthanded today.

Nunez could have been a decent and cheap deal for the Pirates.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Afternoon in SF

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I don't know how much time Polanco will miss, but Bruce would be a good add.  I think he will cost too much, but the Pirates have the chips.  Do you want to pay that much for a bench guy?

I feel a RP and an Infielder will be had.  I hope an Outfielder will eventually be picked up (waiver).  I can see Jaso and Watson still being dealt too. 

Didn't Nunez cry when a pitch hit is arm pad? No thanks. He went down, like he couldn't stand after his arm was hit?? Baby. Pass.
SammyKhalifa

Afternoon in SF

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't know if the's a baby, but he hasn't looked good this series. I'd have taken him though.
notes34

Afternoon in SF

Post by notes34 »

404751595740070B72555F535B5E1C515D5F320 wrote: Giants traded Eduardo Nunez last night.  They'll be a bit shorthanded today.

Nunez could have been a decent and cheap deal for the Pirates.

Pass he is unimpressive to me.
notes34

Afternoon in SF

Post by notes34 »

5B5C4A424C5B1C10694E44484045074A4644290 wrote: I am torn because I don't really know what I would do.  Trading for a player may be more symbolic than anything else.  A starting pitcher would help but then two of the last three losses have been when Nova and Taillion struggled badly and they are not going to get bumped from the rotation.  A relief pitcher would also help but hardly anyone would jump for joy if the pirates traded for a set up man.  It really hurt that Polanco went to the DL because he was really helping drive in runs the last few weeks. 

If they trade, I hope they trade for someone with at least a couple of years of control.  That will mean giving a higher prospect away but I just don't think one player will turn this team around for this year. 

Jay Bruce? (Polanco is going to miss a lot of time and we'd need to replace Marte in playoffs).   Plus someone to take care of 2nd or 3rd.

I would love Bruce. He could push Polanco into a bench role until/if they made the playoffs.
CTBucco

Afternoon in SF

Post by CTBucco »

Tough to improve at 3b given the market. It may be easier to find a 2B that lets Harrison slide over to 3rd to give Freese some rest. I haven't looked at the options though. Maybe Jed Lowrie? Adam Frazier should be that guy, but he has been brutal with the glove.
CarolinaBucco

Afternoon in SF

Post by CarolinaBucco »

We really need to win this game, but I'm not willing to call it a "MUST" win.

If the Pirates lose today, and then sweep 3 in San Diego, they'll have a 5-4 road trip and return home about 3 games out of 1st ... with a favorable and home-heavy schedule coming up. We would still be in excellent shape.

(Of course, we're probably not going to sweep in San Diego, but that's a conversation for later this week).

Bottom line. We really need to win today.
Bobster21

Afternoon in SF

Post by Bobster21 »

1. Starling Marte (R) LF

2. Josh Harrison (R) 3B

3. Andrew McCutchen (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. John Jaso (L) RF

6. Francisco Cervelli (R) C

7. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

8. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

9. Trevor Williams (R) P
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Afternoon in SF

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Why is the defense so bad? Frazier with a bobble and couldn't turn the double play. 1-0 Giants before the Pirates even bat.

(listening to radio feed)
IABucFan

Afternoon in SF

Post by IABucFan »

39323A363332296C6A1D243C353232733E325D0 wrote: Why is the defense so bad?  Frazier with a bobble and couldn't turn the double play.  1-0 Giants before the Pirates even bat.

(listening to radio feed)

It was hit too slowly, even with a perfect turn, I don't think they get him at first.