August 1 game vs Reds

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Jerseykc

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Jerseykc »

6979784F5959553A0 wrote: Everyone is talking about Nova coming back to earth.  Has anyone looked at Taillon's ERA recently?  It's a lot higher than Nova's.  7 earned tonight pushes it to 4.63 or higher.

Uncalled for comment. I'm happy that the guy had the cancer diagnosed in time and will live. It is absolutely amazing that he is even out there so quickly after the surgery.
Bobster21

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

5453454D4354131F66414B474F4A0845494B260 wrote: It is about to get really bad for this organization.  I predict an epic implosion on the baseball and management side.

I'm feeling the same way. It's like payback for three years of really good luck is going to result in a total implosion.

I wish it was as simple as karma. Unfortunately, this team's demise is the direct result of the mgt team's deliberate efforts to assemble a team on the cheap. A couple years ago there were frequent comments from Nutting and Coonelly about the plans for building a championship team. But when they realized that won't happen on a shoestring budget, we now rarely hear from Nutting or Coonelly, and NH is sent out to spew the company line when it doesn't even make sense. It's as if they have given up even pretending to build a winner so they say as little as possible.
SCBucco

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by SCBucco »

79564140564A5850330 wrote: Everyone is talking about Nova coming back to earth.  Has anyone looked at Taillon's ERA recently?  It's a lot higher than Nova's.  7 earned tonight pushes it to 4.63 or higher.

Uncalled for comment. I'm happy that the guy had the cancer diagnosed in time and will live. It is absolutely amazing that he is even out there so quickly after the surgery.

Nova has struggled the past two outings and people are now all the sudden going Liriano on him.  Just pointing out he isn't our primary problem on the mound.  I'm a big fan of Taillon's.  Just mentioning he has struggled greatly recently after having a few significantly good outings, but yet, Nova is a problem? Relax

But, then again, if JT only gave up two, we probably lose to a pitcher that was being raked in every start, so ...
Ecbucs

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Ecbucs »

just got in from a meeting.

Why was Jameson even in game in fourth inning?
Bobster21

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

456362756373000 wrote: just got in from a meeting.

The formula called for him to try to go at least 4. Must...stick...to...formula. (Gosh, this is so much easier than actually managing.)
skinnyhorse

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by skinnyhorse »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: Hamilton has done everything else to them. Might as well add a cycle to his resume.

Complete embarrassment that they get a guy in a rundown and no one covers 2B. How many more examples do we need that this is an undisciplined, poor fundamental, low baseball IQ team? But of course they'll extend Hurdle. Nothing's ever his fault. He's a great manager.  ::) Just because the team plays like no one is in charge is no reason to put any blame on Hurdle.

If we extend Hurdles contract this team is doomed for years. This can not happen I can't take 5 or 6 more years of this.
SCBucco

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by SCBucco »

657D7F78786F7E79646573160 wrote: Hamilton has done everything else to them. Might as well add a cycle to his resume.

Complete embarrassment that they get a guy in a rundown and no one covers 2B. How many more examples do we need that this is an undisciplined, poor fundamental, low baseball IQ team? But of course they'll extend Hurdle. Nothing's ever his fault. He's a great manager.  ::) Just because the team plays like no one is in charge is no reason to put any blame on Hurdle.

If we extend Hurdles contract this team is doomed for years.  This can not happen I can't take 5 or 6 more years of this.

If we don't go out and get some good pieces that help instead of reclamation projects on the cheap, this team is doomed for years. This isn't all on Hurdle.
Ecbucs

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Ecbucs »

6A474A5B5C4D5A1A19280 wrote: just got in from a meeting.

The formula called for him to try to go at least 4. Must...stick...to...formula. (Gosh, this is so much easier than actually managing.)

I thought that might be the reason.  The play from the team and results shouldn't leave much doubt that Hurdle needs to be replaced for next year.  If NH thinks there is any shot of a turnaround in this season then Hurdle should go tomorrow.

Pretty much no reason for Jaso or Stewart to play either since neither should be back next year. I agree with SC that this isn't all on Hurdle but team is playing so poorly, fundamentals seem to be so bad that he needs to go.
CarolinaBucco

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by CarolinaBucco »

The worst part of this losing stretch has been that we have been facing a string of very bad starting pitchers ... and of course they have all been shutting us down. It's embarrassing. And pathetic.

And the tradition will surely continue on Tuesday night, as the Reds start a guy who is 0-4 with a 7.86 ERA.

That's got all the makings of an easy 10-0 win for the Reds.
Bobster21

August 1 game vs Reds

Post by Bobster21 »

6E7E7F485E5E523D0 wrote: Hamilton has done everything else to them. Might as well add a cycle to his resume.

If we extend Hurdles contract this team is doomed for years.  This can not happen I can't take 5 or 6 more years of this.

If we don't go out and get some good pieces that help instead of reclamation projects on the cheap, this team is doomed for years.  This isn't all on Hurdle. 
Exactly right, SC. My view is that, given the limits the FO/owner is willing to go in assembling a team, they need a special manager to get the absolute most possible out of the players he's given. That won't necessarily be enough to overcome the FO/owner situation. But it will at least make the team more entertaining to watch. We've currently got a FO/owner with a different agenda and a manager who appears clueless.