general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SCBucco

Deal with Yanks getting close?

Post by SCBucco »

10222E2E3A082B222F2A2522430 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yanks still finding the price of starting pitchers on the trade market too high (Fulmer, Cole, etc.)

I suspect NH is holding out for Torres too along with Frazier and another prospect; sort of like he did with Washington last year for Cutch.

maybe, though I think a SP like cole will have more universal appeal than an OF.  most contenders will think they have good OFers while everyone always wants to upgrade the rotation.

there are some big FA shoes to drop so that could alter values one way or the other

Sure he has more appeal. All 30 teams are looking for pitching. Cole has more appeal than a declining outfielder.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

55454473656569060 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yanks still finding the price of starting pitchers on the trade market too high (Fulmer, Cole, etc.)

I suspect NH is holding out for Torres too along with Frazier and another prospect; sort of like he did with Washington last year for Cutch.

maybe, though I think a SP like cole will have more universal appeal than an OF.  most contenders will think they have good OFers while everyone always wants to upgrade the rotation.

there are some big FA shoes to drop so that could alter values one way or the other

Sure he has more appeal.  All 30 teams are looking for pitching.  Cole has more appeal than a declining outfielder.

Wait, now he has high value? More appeal? More than Frazier, an outfielder? Ha ha...
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

7A71797570716A2F295E677F767171307D711E0 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Sure he has more appeal.  All 30 teams are looking for pitching.  Cole has more appeal than a declining outfielder.

Wait, now he has high value?  More appeal?  More than Frazier, an outfielder?  Ha ha...

DECLINING OUTFIELDER... think ... who am I talking about. It's pretty simple.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

1707063127272B440 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yeah, just saying holding out a bit on a Cole trade might have better results than a Cutch one because there are more potential suitors
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

45777B7B6F5D7E777A7F7077160 wrote: Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman

20h

Yeah, just saying holding out a bit on a Cole trade might have better results than a Cutch one because there are more potential suitors

There are more potential suitors for Cole.  You really don't have to hold out that much.  If you are looking for the best return, the Yanks farm system is ripe.  Cole has more appeal because he has two more years at a decent rate instead of one more year at 14.5 or whatever and Cutch is on the decline.  Pitching is at a premium. Add in the fact the Yanks have let it be known they want to add another starter ...

I think the kid they have that can be a good fourth, Montgomery, would be sufficient. His numbers in a smaller sample size are ...
RichD

Post by RichD »

Neil better not mess this up.

I think Frazier will still need some AAA at bats is what i`m telling the Yanks. Cole is primed and ready to go .He wants to play in NY having grown up a fan. We could really make this a blockbuster and add say Rivero and Harrison and a lower prospect .
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

I want this to happen so Frazier and Meadows can play together again. They grew up playing baseball together in GA. Frazier gives Meadows a lot of credit and thanks and said his exposure was due to everyone following Meadows. Funny that Frazier was drafted higher than Meadows in 2013.

This could set up the Pirates outfield for years. I would expect McCutchen and Marte traded too if Cole goes.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Somehow the Pirates will trade Cole to the Yankees and not get Frazier, and not get any of the Yankees premier prospects.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

082A39242722252A093E2828244B0 wrote: Somehow the Pirates will trade Cole to the Yankees and not get Frazier, and not get any of the Yankees premier prospects.

If there is a GM in MLB that could make that happen, NH is the one. I will go as far to say I wouldn't be stunned if he asks for way too much, like Cashman having to add Torres too, so no deal gets done.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I agree with Rich and Dog :o - package this deal (or related deals) and this could be a game changer. It will take more than Cole. Deal Marte or Polanco (Cutch won't bring much I suspect) and MAYBE Rivero (he's the second most valuable piece) and maybe Jordy.

Build 2018/9 around Jhay, Bell, Diaz, and SRod (get the super utility guy back in our dugout) and the young staff. Sign Frazier and maybe Corzart and this team will look like the read deal.