Best OF in baseball

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Best OF in baseball

Post by mouse »

mlbtr is projecting they trade a number of their (former) outfielders to get the pitching they need. Should be interesting to watch.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Best OF in baseball

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

This title had to go to the Marlins last year, right? Now, they are all gone.

The Marlins also said they weren't going to trade Yelich and Ozuna.
dmetz

Best OF in baseball

Post by dmetz »

7262635442424E210 wrote: Forget Braun, Domingo Santana will probably be their 3rd OF. That's a damn good OF in Milwaukee.

Completely forgot about Santana.   Just adds to the irresponsibility of this crazy move!!  They were already set in the OF! 

You can't have an .830-.850 OPS 4th outfielder. (Braun) Just a total waste and mortgaging 2023 for now. 

Not to mention the OF the traded was a top 25 and was ML ready.  Definitely going to be better than Yelich

You have no idea if Brinson is going to be better than Yelich.  He is a prospect.  Yelich is a proven commodity. As a Pirates fan, I would have shipped Meadows for him in a package because I'm not sure Meadows will be Yelich.

So, they can't trade Santana?  I think they can.  These moves aren't irresponsible.  These moves show they care.

My apologies. I thought my " Just a total waste and mortgaging 2023 for now" was a dead sarcasm giveway.
SCBucco

Best OF in baseball

Post by SCBucco »

6C656D7C72080 wrote: Forget Braun, Domingo Santana will probably be their 3rd OF. That's a damn good OF in Milwaukee.

Completely forgot about Santana.   Just adds to the irresponsibility of this crazy move!!  They were already set in the OF! 

You can't have an .830-.850 OPS 4th outfielder. (Braun) Just a total waste and mortgaging 2023 for now. 

Not to mention the OF the traded was a top 25 and was ML ready.  Definitely going to be better than Yelich

You have no idea if Brinson is going to be better than Yelich.  He is a prospect.  Yelich is a proven commodity. As a Pirates fan, I would have shipped Meadows for him in a package because I'm not sure Meadows will be Yelich.

So, they can't trade Santana?  I think they can.  These moves aren't irresponsible.  These moves show they care.

My apologies.  I thought my " Just a total waste and mortgaging 2023 for now" was a dead sarcasm giveway.    

This is where the sarcasm font would help. ;D
johnfluharty

Best OF in baseball

Post by johnfluharty »

You should know better. dmetz only complains about the Pirates. ;)