Brandon Nimmo for Josh Harrison?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

Harrison for Nimmo? I have to ask myself if JHay will be disgruntled with his situation with the Pirate$ going forward. If he is, how likely is it that he will still have that great enthusiasm and hustle that we've all come to love?

There's no question in my mind that Harrison is the best option for the Pirates at 2nd base. Frazier is a defensive disaster waiting to happen as a full timer at that position, and Moroff is promising but very much unproven.

So from a purely baseball perspective what's more important to being competitive; having 2nd base being solidified with a very good veteran, or adding a promising outfield prospect (Nimmo) and hoping Moroff develops quickly and reliably? While I like Nimmo as a prospect and I believe he's worth targeting he's not a sure thing. But For me the question of competitiveness was already answered in the negative with the trades of Cole and Cutch. As a result I say make the deal with the Mets. I'm ready for the complete rebuild.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Nothing against Mimmo but he seems to be like a bunch of young guys the Pirates have right now.  Luplow most obviously.

I would not trade Harrison just for the sake of trading him or the fact that he may have asked for a trade.  I for one feel that JHay will give it his all no matter who he is playing for and be like Derek Bell aka "Operation Shutdown".  I believe that getting someone who is MLB ready but has a low ceiling or higher floor is not really the answer.  I would go for a young high ceiling prospects maybe in A ball to start. 

This idea of NH of being competitive in 2018 will cost the Bucs even more in future success if he follows through with it.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

7652464E4B270 wrote: Harrison for Nimmo? I have to ask myself if JHay will be disgruntled with his situation with the Pirate$ going forward. If he is, how likely is it that he will still have that great enthusiasm and hustle that we've all come to love?

There's no question in my mind that Harrison is the best option for the Pirates at 2nd base. Frazier is a defensive disaster waiting to happen as a full timer at that position, and Moroff is promising but very much unproven.

So from a purely baseball perspective what's more important to being competitive; having 2nd base being solidified with a very good veteran, or adding a promising outfield prospect (Nimmo) and hoping Moroff develops quickly and reliably? While I like Nimmo as a prospect and I believe he's worth targeting he's not a sure thing. But For me the question of competitiveness was already answered in the negative with the trades of Cole and Cutch. As a result I say make the deal with the Mets. I'm ready for the complete rebuild. 

Harrison has to get traded. Do people really believe this isn't a rebuild?

Yes, Harrison is the best option for the Pirates. So was McCutchen. So was Cole. Harrison can bring back a good return too. He seems to be wanted around the league too.

I think Frazier is the starting 2B for the Pirates. I also think he should be with the state of the current team going forward.
mouse

Post by mouse »

If Frazier is the starting second baseman next year, we should get a really good draft pick the following year. I can see Frazier in left. His speed helps overcome his mistakes, plus there aren't as many plays in left. I do like his bat and like him as a leadoff hitter.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

I am okay with trading Harrison, but I would set my targets on a different player than Nimmo. With the Bucs' trade for Reynolds, and having Meadows and Luplow at AAA, and to a lesser extent Frazier in the majors, I would try to obtain someone other than a major/minor league outfielder with only a so-so pedigree.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

153931363D1A2D3B2B580 wrote: I am okay with trading Harrison, but I would set my targets on a different player than Nimmo.   With the Bucs' trade for Reynolds, and having Meadows and Luplow at AAA, and to a lesser extent Frazier in the majors, I would try to obtain someone other than a major/minor league outfielder with only a so-so pedigree.   

the team is well stocked in right handed relievers too.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

436564736575060 wrote: I am okay with trading Harrison, but I would set my targets on a different player than Nimmo.   With the Bucs' trade for Reynolds, and having Meadows and Luplow at AAA, and to a lesser extent Frazier in the majors, I would try to obtain someone other than a major/minor league outfielder with only a so-so pedigree.   

the team is well stocked in right handed relievers too.

I'm not so sure.   You know what they say.  You can never have enough RH relivers who throw really hard and really inaccurately. 

Well, NH says that, anyway
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

I’m still holding out for Neal to poke us all in the eye by adding/subtracting:

Move Marte out either for a couple decent prospects or better yet part of a deal for a quality arm in the rotation. (Still has value but unfortunately a questionable attitude; clean up the clubhouse!!)

If no pitcher in the Marte trade then the Pirates spend money on the FA mkt.  whatever it takes to bring an up grade to the rotation.  They actually have the cash to do this!

Frazier to LF.

Trade for Yelich.  Get him. Even if it cost Meadows. 

Anoint JHay to be the kick-butt team leader (like AJ), a guy that can influence Bell, Polanco, Yelich, Frazier.

These few moves plus reinvesting tge $$$ saved on Cutch and Cole and we’re starting to look more like the 2014/15 Pirates.

Suddenly Neal is being taken more seriously in Pittsburgh and around mlb. His words suddenly ring true, like there really has been a plan. Nutting looks better. I personally apologize to the entire organization at home plate with my head bowed. The Pirates play hard.  A new identity emerges. Fans start to come back. The players flash the “Z” at second base. Yelich grows dreadlocks overnight for CF....

If really isn’t so crazy.  At least not for any other team....
LumberCo

Post by LumberCo »

would the yankees do a Clint Frazier for harrison? that would work for me.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

6E574F404750614D220 wrote: would the yankees do a Clint Frazier for harrison?   that would work for me. 

I wouldn't be stunned if NH even attempted a call to Cashman that Brian doesn't answer the call. Wouldn't be stunned if he is tired of NH's BS.