Jake Arrieta

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jake Arrieta

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

557875646372652526170 wrote:

Arrieta was a huge disappointment with the Orioles. But I think his comments about them were in response to a question about why he was a totally different pitcher as soon as he joined the Cubs. He said the Orioles would not allow him to pitch the way he wanted or use a certain pitch. I don't think he made it his business to trash them. He was just explaining that his success was because the Cubs allowed him to pitch as he wanted and the Orioles did not.   

I don't really care what he said. The timing and he took some shots at coaching. I remember not liking it then and discussing it with my Oriole friends. I hate when players do that (example: Cole). And Arrieta did it in 2015, while having his great season. He didn't say anything in 2013 or 2014? I lost respect since.
DemDog

Jake Arrieta

Post by DemDog »

3D363E3237362D686E192038313636773A36590 wrote:

Arrieta was a huge disappointment with the Orioles. But I think his comments about them were in response to a question about why he was a totally different pitcher as soon as he joined the Cubs. He said the Orioles would not allow him to pitch the way he wanted or use a certain pitch. I don't think he made it his business to trash them. He was just explaining that his success was because the Cubs allowed him to pitch as he wanted and the Orioles did not.   

I don't really care what he said.  The timing and he took some shots at coaching.  I remember not liking it then and discussing it with my Oriole friends.  I hate when players do that (example: Cole).  And Arrieta did it in 2015, while having his great season.  He didn't say anything in 2013 or 2014?  I lost respect since.

Come on Dog, get back to reality, what he said could be right. So based on your alternate reality of bashing players who bash former teams does that also go for fans who bash their teams and especially the management and players who do not live up to expectations?
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jake Arrieta

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

57767E577C74130 wrote:

I don't really care what he said.  The timing and he took some shots at coaching.  I remember not liking it then and discussing it with my Oriole friends.  I hate when players do that (example: Cole).  And Arrieta did it in 2015, while having his great season.  He didn't say anything in 2013 or 2014?  I lost respect since.

Come on Dog, get back to reality, what he said could be right.  So based on your alternate reality of bashing players who bash former teams does that also go for fans who bash their teams and especially the management and players who do not live up to expectations?

It doesn't matter if he is right.  He should be professional about it.  Did he say anything when he was on the team he is now bashing?  I didn't lose respect for Harrison or Freese.  They said their comments, they faced their bosses.  Arrieta starts speaking badly as he is having his career year.  Big difference.

No, the fans don't matter in your example.  It doesn't even make sense.  Teams make investments with money and time on players.

It's not my alternate reality. Only in sports do employees get away with such comments. Your average Joe will be shown the door if spoke like that about management. And might have a hard time finding another job in that industry too if word gets out.
iabucco

Jake Arrieta

Post by iabucco »

I may be biased because of my hatred of all things Cubs but I remember thinking Arrieta went beyond pointing out why he was successful in Chicago to really making it sound like everything bad was because of the Orioles. AJ didn't do that when he came to Pittsburgh and I haven't seen others do that as much as I remember Arrieta doing it in Chicago. Maybe, I have been too sanitized by those who will never criticize a team because they may want to work for them again but I thought Arrieta went way beyond the norm in what he said and how he said it.
SammyKhalifa

Jake Arrieta

Post by SammyKhalifa »

When you ask most pitchers about why they are/were struggling, the answer seems to be because of anybody but the pitcher.
INbuc

Jake Arrieta

Post by INbuc »

Forget about Jake. Where the heck is our daily outfielder signing? I am getting the shakes -- I guess withdrawal symptoms are setting in.