Easter double-header thread.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Quail

Post by Quail »

Impressive win! Williams is a bulldog of a pitcher- never gives in to the hitter even when getting strikezone squeezed by the ump. Love his demeanor on the mound.

Was pleased to see Moran have some decent ABs and show some defense at 3B, Feliz show he can get through an inning, and Rivero rebound with a lights out ninth.

Can't wait to see how the offenses look in tonight's game when temps are supposed to get down to the mid-twenties. Brrrrr!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

1. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

2. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Francisco Cervelli (R) DH

6. David Freese (R) 3B

7. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

8. Sean Rodriguez (R) LF

9. Elias Diaz (R) C

Cervelli is the DH rather than have Frazier, Moran or Dickerson in the lineup vs a LHP. Hurdle going by the book instead of managing. Frazier is a career .338 hitter vs LHP and they need to find ABs for him and it wouldn't hurt to give Cervelli a break.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: 1. Josh Harrison (R) 2B

2. Jordy Mercer (R) SS

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Francisco Cervelli (R) DH

6. David Freese (R) 3B

7. Gregory Polanco (L) RF

8. Sean Rodriguez (R) LF

9. Elias Diaz (R) C

Cervelli is the DH rather than have Frazier, Moran or Dickerson in the lineup vs a LHP. Hurdle going by the book instead of managing. Frazier is a career .338 hitter vs LHP and they need to find ABs for him and it wouldn't hurt to give Cervelli a break. 

I was wondering if they'd do that. I don't like it. If Diaz gets hurt and Cervelli needs to catch, the Bucs lose the DH.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

It's a weird move. I like Cervelli batting, but big risk with him being the back up catcher. I guess there is n other righties on the bench.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

First Marte Parte of the season.

J Hay hit one too.

Welcome to the majors, rook!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5358505C5958430600774E565F5858195458370 wrote: It's a weird move. I like Cervelli batting, but big risk with him being the back up catcher. I guess there is n other righties on the bench.
Yes, he was the only other RH option as Moran, Frazier and Dickerson are all LH. But Frazier is a .338 career hitter vs LHP.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

So after 3 innings, the Tigers bring in a RHP. But Hurdle can't replace Cervelli at DH despite having 3 LH bats on the bench because then he wouldn't have a reserve catcher. I guess he wasn't thinking ahead. Hurdled again.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Missed the 1st game for Easter, 2nd game I’m at tge Pens game - but this is definitely an encouraging day for the buccos. Outstanding pitching and bats.

So far: I like our outfield. Interesting...
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

414650585641060A73545E525A5F1D505C5E330 wrote: Missed the 1st game for Easter, 2nd game I’m at tge Pens game - but this is definitely an encouraging day for the buccos. Outstanding pitching and bats.   

So far: I like our outfield.  Interesting...
HRs by Harrison, Marte and Freese.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

The bats have been very surprising this series. With this cold and this lineup, very surprising.