4/17 game thead. S-Rod leading off (2B)

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

In a weird way, I’m actually sort of encouraged by this loss. I hate losing, but our six losses on the young season feel more like losses we took in the playoffs years. Even the best teams are going to lose a third of their games. I can deal with losing a game. But we’ve been competitive in all of our games. Bad teams get beat down. Good teams get beat, but the games are competitive...if that’s makes any sense.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Regression was due indeed. Time to shake it up a bit.... Polanco needs a day (week?) off. Bat Frazier and Moroff first and second tomorrow.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

70775B4C5A390 wrote: Regression was due indeed.  Time to shake it up a bit.... Polanco needs a day (week?) off.  Bat Frazier and Moroff first and second tomorrow. 

Regression happens when you feast on bad teams and then face a good one. Colorado is a horrid matchup for Pittsburgh. That was a bad lineup for the Rockies too.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Yea they were due to lose a couple games in a row and a series. This schedule is still very winnable moving forward the rest of this month so find a way to win at least one tomorrow in this series and split the 4 games in Philly and come back home next week and play a bad Tigers team who you should be able to beat and stack more wins
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

The bats are being silenced by very poor starting pitchers.   We've also been running into outs again regularly.   The numbers are on their way down to earth.   

OrlandoMerced

Post by OrlandoMerced »

Offense is slumping.

I don't think anyone should have viewed this team as capable of running away with the division, I think best case is that they stay in the WC hunt all year, and stays with the pack for the division.

Offense needs to get going again and need to salvage a win this afternoon.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Offense appears to be crashing and burning over these past few games.

Time for CHAD KUHL to ride in and save the day (and the series), leading slumping Buccos to a 1-0 win.

In other words, I don't like our chances today.
ScottinMass

Post by ScottinMass »

7C7B574056350 wrote: Regression was due indeed.  Time to shake it up a bit.... Polanco needs a day (week?) off.  Bat Frazier and Moroff first and second tomorrow. 
Bell really needs a day off. With a LH starting on Wed, I could see Freese at 1B
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

it's only been 4-5 games of no bats. the top of our lineup has disappeared outside of Marte. JHay was slumping, now Frazier can't hit anything. Polanco is in another one of his slumps that in the past have lasted forever and needs to pull out. Bell hasn't been hitting for a long stretch now and isn't driving the ball at all.

Moran and Mercer have also vanished.

Get it going guys..
notes34

Post by notes34 »

This weather isn't helping anyone either. Hopefully they can pull out of the offensive funk soon, but I suspect this is what this team will do all season.