5/6 game thread vs Brewers.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

The offense didn't stink today. Kuhl with a great start. Do the Pirates still lead the majors in Quality Starts?

Bell with a HR. Mercer is hitting the ball hard. Frazier with a HR too.

Kuhl did this last year. Every time he was on the bubble in losing his rotation spot, he pitched a gem.

Another series win for the Pirates. Another series win against the division leaders. The Brewers with two more losses to a team over .500.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Dear Pirates:

PLEASE STOP GETTING SWEPT.

You are 7-3-1 in series this year, which is excellent.

But you are only 3 games over .500 ... because you went 0-8 in two series alone.

You have worked very hard to be an impressive 11 games over .500 this year (19-8) in all games against teams not named Phillies or Nationals. That is superb.

But in those 2 series alone are you are 8 games below .500 ... almost allowing two bad series to cancel out 6 weeks worth of good work.

Whatever it takes, find a way to get at least 1 win in each city.

Even if you had lost 3 of 4 in Philly and 3 of 4 in DC, you'd be 21-14 right now and in 1st place.

Moral of the story: Sweeps are killers. STOP. GETTING. SWEPT.

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Like I mentioned earlier 11 of the Pirates next 14 games up until they play a 3 game series on Memorial Day weekend at home against both the Cardinals and then the Cubs are 4 with the White Sox 4 with the Padres, and 3 Reds with the Reds with the other 3 games with the Giants next weekend at home. And after the brief two game series in Chicago the Pirates will play starting Friday against the Giants 15 of their next 18 games at PNC Park. Spin this next stretch if 14 games I mentioned above if the Pirates can go something like 9-5 they would be 28-21 going into those two huge series st home to close out May with both the Cards and Cubs. Going 9-5 against that competition the next few weeks is not asking a lot and I would probably at this point be very disappointed in the Pirates if they didn’t go at least 9-5 or better. They have to take advantage of this weak schedule coming up and all these home games coming up as well to close out May. No reason they shouldn’t be able too.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

042635282B2E29260532242428470 wrote: Dear Pirates:

PLEASE STOP GETTING SWEPT.

You are 7-3-1 in series this year, which is excellent.

But you are only 3 games over .500 ... because you went 0-8 in two series alone.

You have worked very hard to be an impressive 11 games over .500 this year (19-8) in all games against teams not named Phillies or Nationals. That is superb.

But in those 2 series alone are you are 8 games below .500 ... almost allowing two bad series to cancel out 6 weeks worth of good work.

Whatever it takes, find a way to get at least 1 win in each city.

Even if you had lost 3 of 4 in Philly and 3 of 4 in DC, you'd be 21-14 right now and in 1st place.

Moral of the story: Sweeps are killers. STOP. GETTING. SWEPT.

It would be bad Enough if Philly and DC had been “normal” series, instead the Pirates get swept in the two 4 game series’ on the schedule.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Sounds like the Brewcrew should have just mailed it in a forfeited the game. Same score!

Kuhl is making the rotation decision a bit tougher with today's performance. Interesting to see how it turns out.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

I know that everyone will probably fall over but I'm going to give Clint a compliment, I really liked he brought in Rivero in the 1st game of this series. It's so important to win the 1st game of a series and especially you have a lead in the 8th you have to win those games. It makes it so much better for the next games. I would like to see more of going all out to win games you should win and for sure the 1st game of a series. Never, never, never give away a game. Maybe we will see more of it.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6A4B436A41492E0 wrote: Sounds like the Brewcrew should have just mailed it in a forfeited the game.  Same score!

Kuhl is making the rotation decision a bit tougher with today's performance.  Interesting to see how it turns out.
I think Kuhl felt a little pressure because a poor pitching performance could have put him in the bullpen with Kingham taking his place in the rotation.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Has Rich Rodriguez earned the 8th inning role after today's performance? He’s been very good. I'm not quite as down on Kontos as some. But RR was filthy good in the highlights I saw.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Josh Bell hit the ball in the air! It's a festivus Miracle
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3A333B2A245E0 wrote: Josh Bell hit the ball in the air!    It's a festivus Miracle
:D :D :D

Not only did he hit it in the air, but he hit it so hard I thought it might break the wall it hit. A guy with that power should have more than 2 HRs. Hopefully, he's fixing his swing.