7/27 - No Dickerson or Marte Again

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I've actually been able to watch this game. I'm really tired of injuries. Dickerson, Marte, now Bell. When your bench is so thin that you have a pitcher (Musgrove) getting ready to PH in the 7th inning, you have a problem.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

You know what else really frustrates me? ABs like Harrison had to end the 6th inning. Bashlor had already walked two guys in the inning, one the previous hitter throwing four straight balls out of the zone to load the bases. What does Harrison do? Rolls over on the FIRST PITCH! A sac fly would have given them the lead back. But on the first pitch against a guy who was already having trouble throwing strikes?
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

666E6D5A4C694E412F0 wrote: I've actually been able to watch this game. I'm really tired of injuries. Dickerson, Marte, now Bell. When your bench is so thin that you have a pitcher (Musgrove) getting ready to PH in the 7th inning, you have a problem. I’m with you IA if the Pirates know that both tomorrow and Sunday that Marte,Dickerson, and now Bell are not going to be available then you gotta make a roster move of some sort period. You can’t play 2 or 3 guys short especially when you have a guy like Meadows down in the Minors available and ready to go. These games are way too important for the Pirates to continue to push their luck and try to win with a short bench.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Mets playing like its the 7th game of the World Series. Maybe they will run out of pitchers.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I’m tired of seeing Rodriguez playing everyday now as well. He is now 0 for his last 12 since hitting That homerun in Cincy on Sunday. He is not someone you can play everyday he gets worse the more he plays. Why can’t they call Meadows back up to play center over Sean Rod. Don’t know why it’s so hard for the Pirates to figure this out.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bases loaded nobody out for Freese in the 9th. Better finish this here somehow.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

0C2B3A3E3B26192D3A3B3B265F0 wrote: Bases loaded nobody out for Freese in the 9th. Better finish this here somehow.

Sign Freese to an extension! :)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

nice comeback win.

Attendance 26,356!
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

What a night for Freese as he walks it off. A loss by Arizona tonight and the Bucs will be 2.5 games out of the 2nd wildcard. This was a huge huge win tonight the Pirates had to have this one and they found a way to get it.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

we win.