Harrison

Polanco

Diaz

Freese

Bell

Rodriguez

Mercer

Nova

Need Nova to be on his game for sure with this lineup.

Feliz optioned, Alex McRae back up
CarolinaBucco

7/27 - No Dickerson or Marte Again

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Just as I expected.

That's a total of 5 missed starts -- and counting -- for Dickerson and Marte.

Fortunately these games aren't critical or anything.

I'm just happy we have S-Rod in the OF and the NL Rookie of the Month can stay in Indianapolis and help the Indians win what I'm sure is a key game tonight.

I'll say it again ... Meadows should have been on a plane as soon as Dickerson pulled up with the hammy. Meadows up, Frazier down.

But that's not the way the Pirates operate. And why should they ... they have S-Rod !
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

Mets traded Cabrera to Phillies.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

597F7E697F6F1C0 wrote: Mets traded Cabrera to Phillies.

Good add for Phils.  That's a pretty good baseball team.  Will be interesting to see how far they go. Hes not a good shortstop, but he's sure hitting.
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

6E4C5F424144434C6F584E4E422D0 wrote: Just as I expected.

That's a total of 5 missed starts -- and counting -- for Dickerson and Marte.

Fortunately these games aren't critical or anything.

I'm just happy we have S-Rod in the OF and the NL Rookie of the Month can stay in Indianapolis and help the Indians win what I'm sure is a key game tonight.

I'll say it again ... Meadows should have been on a plane as soon as Dickerson pulled up with the hammy. Meadows up, Frazier down.

But that's not the way the Pirates operate. And why should they ... they have S-Rod !

Austin Meadows is hitting .188 since being sent down to Indy.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Conforto Homers makes it 3-0 in the 1st already. Man this series has been a disaster so far. This is not what the Pirates wanted to have happen yet again tonight.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

77504145405D62564140405D240 wrote: Conforto Homers makes it 3-0 in the 1st already. Man this series has been a disaster so far. This is not what the Pirates wanted to have happen yet again tonight.

This is why the organization needs to deal off certain types. I would deal for Keala though to set things up for next year.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Bell leaves the game with an apparent hamstring or oblique injury. No big deal to Clint though they are already playing two guys short with both Marte and Dickerson what’s one more guy.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

It's really hard to understand how a MLB team can consistently exhibit such atrocious defense. Mets tie the game in the 6th when Santana flubs a bunt and can't get anyone out and Luplow throws a ball about 30 feet over Diaz' head and no one thinks to cover the plate, allowing the tie run to score.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

And now Luplow makes a great play to cut off a ball in deep LF and easily gun down Flores trying for a double.