Managerial Candidates???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WiffleballHero

Managerial Candidates???

Post by WiffleballHero »

A.J. Burnett for manager. His sidekick Jeff Locke can be the pitching coach. Neal Huntington as Commissioner Gordon and Felipe Rivero Vazquez as the Ephebophilic Joker.
Ecbucs

Managerial Candidates???

Post by Ecbucs »

0B353A3A30393E3D303014392E335C0 wrote: A.J. Burnett for manager.  His sidekick Jeff Locke can be the pitching coach.  Neal Huntington as Commissioner Gordon and Felipe Rivero Vazquez as the Ephebophilic Joker.

I had to look up Ephebophilic. The team could just leave that position vacant.
psuinpgh21

Managerial Candidates???

Post by psuinpgh21 »

Since I've already looked at one article on PG this month I can't see who they list. I've always been positive about the Bucs but I can't see them hiring anybody who will cost them anything. Vizquel I would love but he won't be cheap. Who is the manager for the Dominican Summer League Pirates 2 team? They had a good year.
SammyKhalifa

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

4744425E5947505F0506370 wrote: Since I've already looked at one article on PG this month I can't see who they list. I've always been positive about the Bucs but I can't see them hiring anybody who will cost them anything. Vizquel I would love but he won't be cheap. Who is the manager for the Dominican Summer League Pirates 2 team? They had a good year.
that's the thing--no coach is going to cost anything.  Terry Francona makes 4 million and he's probably going to the Hall of Fame.
DemDog

Managerial Candidates???

Post by DemDog »

3E3D3B27203E29267C7F4E0 wrote: Since I've already looked at one article on PG this month I can't see who they list. I've always been positive about the Bucs but I can't see them hiring anybody who will cost them anything. Vizquel I would love but he won't be cheap. Who is the [highlight]manager for the Dominican Summer League Pirates 2 team[/highlight]? They had a good year.

That would be Shawn Bowman
SteadyFreddy

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Vizquel is an interesting name who I would take a look at as well. As I mentioned to start this thread I still would like to see them make a push at Jay Bell who is currently managing the Yankees Triple A team or Mike Matheny who the Cards fired over a year ago. Aside from those three I really have no interests in a lot of the candidates being mentioned so far.
dmetz

Managerial Candidates???

Post by dmetz »

I'd imagine the job would be highly coveted managerial position for slouches. You don't have to win to keep your job for a long period of time.

SammyKhalifa

Managerial Candidates???

Post by SammyKhalifa »

come on now, anyone who wants to be a big league manager but isn't would love to have the job.
mouse

Managerial Candidates???

Post by mouse »

Just out of curiosity, do manager contracts work like player contracts? For example, the Angels fired Ausmus after one year and presumably have to pay the rest of his contract. Would a team hiring him be able to pay a minimum salary with the Angels paying the rest? Not saying we should, just curious.