Polanco out

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave

Polanco out

Post by WildwoodDave »

273C313039353A540 wrote: I dont recall writing that Polanco was a bust, but, who knows?  Some Yinzers think every guy's the second coming of Willie Mays or Sandy Koufax.

I guarantee that will never happen

More likely, I said that he is nothing special; run-of-the mill.

We supposedly had The Best Outfield in the Majors.

To think that this Polanco guy is the only remaining starter position player from our better years should tell you all you need to know about our fate.

And, Cherington watches the boats sail by.....
I wouldn't disagree with "nothing special" or "run of the mill." But he was hyped so much ("dream outfield') that he feels like a bust. At least he's a consistent .250ish hitter instead of even worse. But even before the shoulder injury he turned many a fly ball into an adventure in RF. And he's made too many head scratching mistakes on the bases. He was supposed to be a third of a dream OF. But an OF of 3 Polancos would be a disaster. 

I have been accused so often of being overly harsh.  No idea why that is.  So, I dialed it down some.

_____

Dial it down if  you like, but don't you turn into a Cherington apologist too!!!
WildwoodDave

Polanco out

Post by WildwoodDave »

546A6F67746C6C6747627566030 wrote: I dont recall writing that Polanco was a bust, but, who knows?  Some Yinzers think every guy's the second coming of Willie Mays or Sandy Koufax.

More likely, I said that he is nothing special; run-of-the mill.

We supposedly had The Best Outfield in the Majors.

To think that this Polanco guy is the only remaining starter position player from our better years should tell you all you need to know about our fate.

And, Cherington watches the boats sail by.....
I wouldn't disagree with "nothing special" or "run of the mill." But he was hyped so much ("dream outfield') that he feels like a bust. At least he's a consistent .250ish hitter instead of even worse. But even before the shoulder injury he turned many a fly ball into an adventure in RF. And he's made too many head scratching mistakes on the bases. He was supposed to be a third of a dream OF. But an OF of 3 Polancos would be a disaster. 

I have been accused so often of being overly harsh.  No idea why that is.  So, I dialed it down some.

_____

Dial it down if  you like, but don't you turn into a Cherington apologist too!!!

GreenWeenie

Polanco out

Post by GreenWeenie »

Who the hell is Beau Bennett? That's all I want to know. Is he somebody Cherington needs time to see or what?
SCBucco

Polanco out

Post by SCBucco »

5D687F7F744D7F7F74737F1A0 wrote: Who the hell is Beau Bennett?  That's all I want to know.  Is he somebody Cherington needs time to see or what?

Not a Penguin hockey fan I see. Dude would get injured and be out for two months for tripping over a cat.