Bobster21

SOG/GOG

Post by Bobster21 »

7846434B5840404B6B4E594A2F0 wrote: Current count:

Rodriguez - 4

Heredia - 1

Get your votes in for GOG before the start of the next game
I will start for Game 2

Trevor Williams for GOG for putting this anemic, pathetic offense in the hole early in the game. Not sure if Shedman is giving 1/2 Goats. If so 1/2 for Williams and 1/2 for the offense. If not, Williams
After 2 games our 1-2 starters are both 0-1 with ERAs of 4.76 and 7.36. Obviously it's 1 game apiece so stats mean little. But the point is that we already knew our 1-2 starters are no better than #4 starters on most teams and they both demonstrated that as soon as possible. :( Our best starters are guys who can occasionally throw a scoreless inning. If you want more than that, you're looking at the wrong team. Add to that the fact that our BP is a collection of AAAA guys, we are not strong defensively and few hitters worry the opponent. There aren't going to be many games in the 60 where we praise our pitching.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

For the 7/25 game, Trevor Williams wins GOG for pitching batting practice to the Cardinals. Get you votes ib before the next game.

current count

Williams - 1
Surgnbuck

SOG/GOG

Post by Surgnbuck »

Crick
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

current count

Williams - 1

Crick - 1
SCBucco

SOG/GOG

Post by SCBucco »

Williams wasn't great at all, but my vote goes to Cricketts.
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

current count

Williams - 1

Crick - 2
shedman

SOG/GOG

Post by shedman »

1C1417203613343B550 wrote: Can we vote for Bob Nutting?
---

YES
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

I vote for Cherington for seeing what he has and still keeping more guys on scholarship than Pitt, Penn State, and WVU combined.

Shed, when are you planing to start your LittleYield, Doofus, and Cherington comparisons?
SCBucco

SOG/GOG

Post by SCBucco »

073225252E1725252E2925400 wrote: I vote for Cherington for seeing what he has and still keeping more guys on scholarship than Pitt, Penn State, and WVU combined. 

Shed, when are you planing to start your LittleYield, Doofus, and Cherington comparisons? 

I'm giving BC a pass this year. There was no intention that Nutting was going to spend money in the offseason to make this team competitive. I do, however, laugh at the people who say BC didn't know what he had. He was an assistant GM for Toronto and its his job to know about other organizations as far as talent. He might not know the farm system well, but he knew what the roster looked like.

I like BC's drafting already over Littlefield's even though I thought BC should have gone Detmers with the first pick over Gonzo (our starting pitching is dreadful on the MLB roster and in the system) and then go OSU catcher over the South Carolina arm. We have zero catchers worth a crap.

Littlefield - funny story. I'm down several years ago during Xmas visiting my parents in Naples, FL. I'm heading to the pool and see this old timer wearing a Pirate baseball cap. I look at him and say not too many people are caught dead wearing Pirates hats these days and I'm a big Pirate fan who grew up 90 miles north of Pittsburgh. He grinned. I said the owner was garbage and the GM might be worse. Brought up the selection of Daniel Moskos that high, a guy that DL said would be a good setup man. You don't use that type of pick on a setup man that high with what was on the board and then blasted him for talking up Bobby Hill.

So, the guy gets up and says hope better days are coming ... in a Boston accent. My father comes over and says I see you were talking to Dave Littlefield's father. What was that conversation like. My response ... don't ask.
GreenWeenie

SOG/GOG

Post by GreenWeenie »

Might as well face the facts and give him a pass every year.

I don't see any marked difference.

The PIrates may field a roster capable of reaching the semi-finals. OK, that would be an improvement. I can't envision them investing what it takes to go beyond that.

Ever.

As far as drafts go, that might get us out of last place. It could get us into the play-in games and win one occasionally.

But, Huntington did that.