Rodriguez

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

steve49

Rodriguez

Post by steve49 »

Acuna is hurt so we don't want him... Freeman and a small piece sounds about right.
steve49

Rodriguez

Post by steve49 »

Wilson and Diveto . Sounds about right .... we got a hot dod without the bun
Ecbucs

Rodriguez

Post by Ecbucs »

292E3F2C3F6E635A0 wrote: Wilson and Diveto . Sounds about right .... we got a hot dod without the bun

Wilson shut down the Pirates in May.
DemDog

Rodriguez

Post by DemDog »

More young pitching. Wilson can come on board and get a chance to impress BC the rest of the season. DiVito is just another crapshoot that may just work out. Rich Rod was not going to be of any real help in the Burgh considering the current state of the team.
Surgnbuck

Rodriguez

Post by Surgnbuck »

4D6C644D666E090 wrote: More young pitching.  Wilson can come on board and get a chance to impress BC the rest of the season.  DiVito is just another crapshoot that may just work out.  Rich Rod was not going to be of any real help in the Burgh considering the current state of the team.
Yeah, they need guys who can go 5-6 innings more than a guy who gets 5 save opportunities in a month.
steve49

Rodriguez

Post by steve49 »

270100170111620 wrote: Wilson and Diveto . Sounds about right .... we got a hot dod without the bun

Wilson shut down the Pirates in May.

Wilson was once a top pitching prospect.  Who knows , maybe suddenly he lives up to it. The other guy has a decent ceiling. I'm just trying to inject a little humor with those other comments. We were in no way getting a premium return for him.
WildwoodDave2

Rodriguez

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

163037222B2730262E450 wrote: More young pitching.  Wilson can come on board and get a chance to impress BC the rest of the season.  DiVito is just another crapshoot that may just work out.  Rich Rod was not going to be of any real help in the Burgh considering the current state of the team.
Yeah, they need guys who can go 5-6 innings more than a guy who gets 5 save opportunities in a month.
How old is Wilson?
Bobster21

Rodriguez

Post by Bobster21 »

0D33363E2D35353E1E3B2C3F685A0 wrote: More young pitching.  Wilson can come on board and get a chance to impress BC the rest of the season.  DiVito is just another crapshoot that may just work out.  Rich Rod was not going to be of any real help in the Burgh considering the current state of the team.
How old is Wilson?
Ecbucs

Rodriguez

Post by Ecbucs »

he will be 24 in December. He shut down the Dodgers in the playoffs last year.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/play ... um=linker-
WildwoodDave2

Rodriguez

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

6C4A4D58515D4A5C543F0 wrote: I never saw a single report that said he would end up being anyone's closer, just a setup guy.

I think he hasn't gone yet because Kimbrel hasn't gone anywhere yet.

But I agree, I don't think he'll return anything overwhelming.
That's why it might be better to possibly wait and trade him in the off season. Return could be better
Just reported, Rich Rod to the Braves.
Most of us called it. Frazier, Anderson, Rich Rod. The others aren't mentioning