A Possible Comparison Of Teams

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

754057575C6557575C5B57320 wrote: We've cut that grass before.....that leopard's not changing any spots.

GW, I sure as heck hope that our leopard will at least try to change his spots. I have my fingers crossed hoping it does.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

He may go a marginal percentage over that which he did during our better Huntington years.  That's my expectation.  I consider any thought to the contrary to be naive.

I also consider the thought that this is a market issue to be naive.  This, clearly, is an owner issue.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

52737B527971160 wrote: We've cut that grass before.....that leopard's not changing any spots.

GW, I sure as heck hope that our leopard will at least try to change his spots.  I have my fingers crossed hoping it does.

Finding a number to extend Reynolds, getting one or two of his first years of FA would go a long way to at least making me cautiously optimistic. He's an Arb 4 guy. There has to be a number for both parties that could guarantee he's here 6-7 years minimum.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

55737461686473656D060 wrote: We've cut that grass before.....that leopard's not changing any spots.

GW, I sure as heck hope that our leopard will at least try to change his spots.  I have my fingers crossed hoping it does.

Finding a number to extend Reynolds, getting one or two of his first years of FA would go a long way to at least making me cautiously optimistic. He's an Arb 4 guy.  There has to be a number for both parties that could guarantee he's here 6-7 years minimum.

Agreed with this. I consider Reynolds the “weather vane” for what BC is thinking. Reynolds is far and away the most valuable player on the major league team. Ben could turn him into a very nice return. By keeping Reynolds (and drafting Davis) I think Ben expects the pirates to be chasing the playoffs within a couple years.

Extending Reynolds would be a strong signal of commitment by Nutting. I think Boras represents Reynolds, so it will not be easy; it will not be cheap. It would be a strong signal.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

5D7C745D767E190 wrote: We've cut that grass before.....that leopard's not changing any spots.

Nutting has done nothing to give me hope, except to somehow convince BC to come to PGH. It’s also fair to say Nutting’s résumé contains one huge failure: 2015 and 2016.

I make it a point to give people a second and even third chance. I can’t say I am optimistic that nutting will do what it takes, but we have no choice but to give him another chance. Maybe this leopard can’t change it’s spots, but maybe he can….
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Nutting's resumes has very few favorable years.

The current year and the two previous are an indication. Huntington didn't cause every reason we're in the current position. BOB built the foundation.