Question about The Fan 93.7

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

bucs607179

Question about The Fan 93.7

Post by bucs607179 »

I have the iHeart radio App on my phone. KDKA-FM 93.7 The Fan. I'm wondering if they have some sort of line-up each day? Along the lines of Pirate talk 8-9, Pens, 9-10 and so on. I would like to tune in for the Pirates if they have it set up that way.

Thank You for any information!!!
fjk090852-7

Re: Question about The Fan 93.7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

bucs607179 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 6:14 pm I have the iHeart radio App on my phone. KDKA-FM 93.7 The Fan. I'm wondering if they have some sort of line-up each day? Along the lines of Pirate talk 8-9, Pens, 9-10 and so on. I would like to tune in for the Pirates if they have it set up that way.

Thank You for any information!!!
Usually they don’t have a special time to talk Pirates, Pens or Steelers. Shelton does have a segment on Tuesday or Wednesday about noon time. On Saturday morning from 9 to 11 they have a full Pirate Talk. Most often there will be a guest during a segment of the show. This years host is Donnie Football who has done a good job in the first two Saturday Shows.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

They talk mostly nonsense 88% of the time, the Steelers 10% of the time, the Penguins 1% of the time, the Pirates 0.5% of the time, and the rest is follow up nonsense.

Only the scheduled shows, I don't know when they are one, are even worth listening. The Fan was pretty cool when it came out, it was 24 hour, but now it's scaled back, they have CBS sports radio overnight.

Just imagine the worst trolling on SM about the Pirates, and there you have it.

To give you an example of what this group of clowns is about, they spent 30 minutes one morning discussing if they would sleep with Princess Leia from Star Wars only under the condition it had to be a threesome with Chewbacca included.

Ron Cook retired, though he was no great guns to listen to, at least he wasn't part of the frat club. It's only tolerable when Bob Pompeani is on.

Good luck!
Doc

Post by Doc »

The Fan became an arm of the Steelers years ago. In any four hour segment, at least two to three of the hours are dedicated to the Steelers. The Pirates games are broadcast on the station, yet the team is hardly spoken about during the day. You’d think they would talk them up simply to promote listenership when the games are played. I stopped listening to the station a long time ago because of how boring it all became. The guys in the morning were the biggest jackasses. I guess the management finally thought the same because I understand they were shown the door.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Thanks for info! I'll try that Saturday show.