Centerfield

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

iabucco

Centerfield

Post by iabucco »

I have a couple of questions about centerfield with Marte out. First, when Cutch sits who plays CF? I would have to think Polanco but I am not sure he fits there anymore. Second, with Cutch playing CF for the next 80 games does he stay there when Marte comes back? I would guess it depends on how he plays but would think Marte may lose that position this year and move back to the corner when he comes back.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Centerfield

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Austin Meadows is playing RF today.
CTBucco

Centerfield

Post by CTBucco »

I guess that if/when Meadows comes up, Cutch's vetranosity would keep him in CF and push Meadows to RF? I suppose they don't want to move Polanco back to RF, but it seems that with the big LF in PNC and Polanco's arm, putting Meadows in LF and Polanco in RF would make sense. No?

If there is anything positive at all to take from the Marte stupidity, it's that some of the younger guys (Frazier, Osuna, maybe Meadows) will get real playing time to see if they can handle MLB.
SammyKhalifa

Centerfield

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Well I'd say that a player that knows all of the opposing players and what defenses to set might be better over someone just trying to get their feet wet as a rookie. I wouldn't mind Cutch staying in CF over Meadows at all.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Centerfield

How is Meadows's arm?

He has to be better than Polanco. I don't get all the defensive praise for Polanco. I don't see it. I think Polanco needs to go back to RF due to his arm and how small the area is at PNC Park. I would have put McCutchen in LF instead of RF.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Centerfield

I am surprised that no one mentioned McCutchen calling out management with his running catch against the Cardinals? He shouted "this is my spot" after the running catch.

(I can't get the video to load)
mouse

Centerfield

Post by mouse »

mlbtr has an article saying the Pirates are looking for outfielders.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/04/ ... lders.html

Doesn't look like there's a lot available.

dogknot17@yahoo.co

Centerfield

Where is Marlon Byrd? Maybe they can get him his own locker room / changing area? I am sure he can still hit.
skinnyhorse

Centerfield

Post by skinnyhorse »

393B212731540 wrote: mlbtr has an article saying the Pirates are looking for outfielders.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/04/ ... lders.html

Doesn't look like there's a lot available.

Why in the world would we trade for a outfielder when Austin Meadows is waiting in the wings, just stupid.
skinnyhorse

Centerfield

Post by skinnyhorse »

For now Josh Bell goes back to outfield, Freeze to 1st, Josh Harrison goes to 3rd and Adam Frazier goes to second, problem solved.