Official Game Thread - 3/31- Bucs @ Marlins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Doc

Re: Official Game Thread - 3/31- Bucs @ Marlins

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:56 pm 5-0 Marlins, Doc you could pitch better than Falter!
I appreciate the confidence, Possum, but if I were pitching, we'd be down five runs after just four batters.
Doc

Post by Doc »

What fun reading this thread this morning. Everyone went from despair to elation in a heartbeat.

Did anyone else notice how well the pitching held Arraez in check during this series? Just two hits in 18 at bats, a pair of walks, and only two runs scored. That went a long way to reaching the results our boys had.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:43 am
Possum wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:56 pm 5-0 Marlins, Doc you could pitch better than Falter!
I appreciate the confidence, Possum, but if I were pitching, we'd be down five runs after just four batters.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Doc wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:57 am What fun reading this thread this morning. Everyone went from despair to elation in a heartbeat.

Did anyone else notice how well the pitching held Arraez in check during this series? Just two hits in 18 at bats, a pair of walks, and only two runs scored. That went a long way to reaching the results our boys had.
Yep, they mentioned it on the broadcast about getting out of there before he heated up. Wasn't Burger a monster though? When Bednar gave up the tying HR, I knew that meant Burger was coming up in the 10th, and I was petrified we were going to find a way to lose this one.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:18 pm
Doc wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:57 am What fun reading this thread this morning. Everyone went from despair to elation in a heartbeat.

Yep, they mentioned it on the broadcast about getting out of there before he heated up. Wasn't Burger a monster though? When Bednar gave up the tying HR, I knew that meant Burger was coming up in the 10th, and I was petrified we were going to find a way to lose this one.
I see that having gotten the opportunity to play full time last year he hit 34 HRs. He had seven hits in the four games, but just one extra base hit. Still, he looks like he'll be a beast for a few years. I'm glad we'll only see him in one more series this year.