Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by Possum »

Get ready to say goodbye to the topic of discussion. On Thursday we will be starting a ST Discussion thread.
Let's Go Bucs
Possum

Post by Possum »

Let's get Trevor Bauer. I know he has a bad reputation that many of us don't like but we need to ignore that since he has been exonerated and he will come rather cheap on an incentive-laden contract for a year or two. If his performance does not work out then you cut him. He a better pitcher than Domingo German.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:42 pm Let's get Trevor Bauer. I know he has a bad reputation that many of us don't like but we need to ignore that since he has been exonerated and he will come rather cheap on an incentive-laden contract for a year or two. If his performance does not work out then you cut him. He a better pitcher than Domingo German.
I don’t see it happening, Possum. I’d be surprised if Nutting would agree to it because fan backlash might be too much of a disincentive. He might feel the hit to the business from the negative publicity Bauer’s signing is likely to bring wouldn’t be justifiable. We can sure use his talent, it’s everything else that comes with it that’s likely an issue for the guy who signs the checks.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Doc wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:20 pm
Possum wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:42 pm Let's get Trevor Bauer. I know he has a bad reputation that many of us don't like but we need to ignore that since he has been exonerated and he will come rather cheap on an incentive-laden contract for a year or two. If his performance does not work out then you cut him. He a better pitcher than Domingo German.
I don’t see it happening, Possum. I’d be surprised if Nutting would agree to it because fan backlash might be too much of a disincentive. He might feel the hit to the business from the negative publicity Bauer’s signing is likely to bring wouldn’t be justifiable. We can sure use his talent, it’s everything else that comes with it that’s likely an issue for the guy who signs the checks.
Let's hope Nutting gets his head out of his arse and says to hell with any negative publicity and starts to turn this lousy franchise around.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:50 pm
Doc wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:20 pm
Let's hope Nutting gets his head out of his arse and says to hell with any negative publicity and starts to turn this lousy franchise around.
If it were any other owner we might see your wish come true. But we’re stuck with the worst owner in baseball, if not all of sports. We’ve watched him since 2007 run the organization in a way that primarily benefits himself. I can’t imagine him ever doing anything differently.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Today we celebrate the four greatest words in the English language: “Pitchers and catchers report”. Welcome to the start of the 2024 season, gents,