Official 2024 Bitching about Management Accountability Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Possum

Official 2024 Bitching about Management Accountability Thread

Post by Possum »

Well, guys, I am tired of all the crap that Bucs management has done in the last 4 years to find and develop Major League ball players. You can bitch about Nutting being cheap but he needs to hold Cherrington, Shelton, and his staff, the people who run the analytics department, and so forth. What would you do if you were Nutting going into ST?
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Re: Official 2024 Bitching about Management Accountability Thread

Post by Doc »

If I were the owner of the Pirates (not Bob Nutting because we already know what he’s going to do), I’d act like a real major league owner and tell BC to do whatever it takes to sign Cody Bellinger and the best available free agent pitcher.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

I would tell all members of he Pirate front office that they are on a short leash
Possum

Post by Possum »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:06 pm I would tell all members of the Pirate front office that they are on a short leash
What would you do if the front office did not heel when they are put on the short leash? Does that mean that BC goes? Or does he just find some other team of lackeys who will do his bidding?
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I'm just posting in this thread so no one can say it's just the old guys posting.

BC is getting it done.

BN has moved the zipper on the coin pouch down a couple of slots.

Shelton is a scotch drinker.

There I've said something nice about each person in the upper echelons.

Except Travis. And you know the old saying, if you have nothing nice to say.....
Possum

Post by Possum »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:24 pm I'm just posting in this thread so no one can say it's just the old guys posting.

BC is getting it done.

Except Travis. And you know the old saying, if you have nothing nice to say.....
It looks like Wildwoodcoach and I are going to put a hex on you for calling us old. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:51 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:24 pm I'm just posting in this thread so no one can say it's just the old guys posting.

BC is getting it done.

It looks like Wildwoodcoach and I are going to put a hex on you for calling us old. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Surge isn’t old chronologically. But by comparison, if my 88-year old grandfather, who died during the Johnson administration, were still walking among us, he’d be able to move better than Surge.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I’m also one of the “old guys “ on this site, and I too am getting antsy as to how the offseason is unfolding, but I believe there will soon be the signing of a free agent pitcher who will surprise many of us. I have been saying a couple times they are going to sign the Cuban right handed pitcher Rodriguez. About two weeks ago Toronto was the possible destination for him, but still no announcement. The Pirates were supposedly in on Imanaga, who is signing with the Cubs, so why can’t they now turn their attention to another free agent starting pitcher like Rodriguez? Maybe I am wrong, and a signing will not happen, but I have this feeling they are close to signing a pitcher who will fit into the starting rotation.