Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by fjk090852-7 »

fjk090852-7 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:17 pm Some writers have suggested the Pirates will acquire starting pitchers by trade, but if a trade didn’t happen which two of these free agent starters would you want the Pirates to sign. Possibly none of the 6 I have proposed:
Michael Lorenzen
Dakota Hudson
Lucas Giolito
Sean Manaea
Hyun Ryu
Yariel Rodriguez ( the Cuban pitcher)

Hopefully the Pirates acquire a starting pitcher or two very soon.
In mid December I listed these 6 starting free agent pitchers as possible pitchers the Pirates could pursue. So far only Giolito has signed with another team. Sure none of the remaining pitchers aren’t big stars, but if one or two of them could sign with the Pirates and cover some innings until reinforcements such as Skenes, Brubaker or Burrows arrives I believe that would make the Pirates much more competitive in 2024.
Possum

Post by Possum »

They just signed Michael Plassmyer to a minor league deal.

Bucs sign Plassmeyer

Looks like GMBC is dipping into the outhouse for arms. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:01 pm They just signed Michael Plassmyer to a minor league deal.

Bucs sign Plassmeyer

Thank goodness! We desperately needed another mediocre minor league pitcher. It’s not like we need a proven, quality major league bat in the outfield or at second base or at first base.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Possum wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:01 pm They just signed Michael Plassmyer to a minor league deal.

Bucs sign Plassmeyer

This signing is going to excite the fans at PirateFest. I know it is a minor league contract, but lets get real and sign a MLB starting pitcher.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Listening to DK Sports Daily Shot of the Pirates DK was throwing out the name of Domingo German formerly of the Yankees. He says that German has a bunch of skeletons in his closet due to alcohol problems and that is the reason the Yankees let him go. What do you guys think about signing German as a piece of the Bucs starting rotation?
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:11 pm Listening to DK Sports Daily Shot of the Pirates DK was throwing out the name of Domingo German formerly of the Yankees. He says that German has a bunch of skeletons in his closet due to alcohol problems and that is the reason the Yankees let him go. What do you guys think about signing German as a piece of the Bucs starting rotation?
If they can somehow convince him to have a celebratory drink only after games the team wins he shouldn't have any problems.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Doc wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:07 pm
Possum wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:11 pm Listening to DK Sports Daily Shot of the Pirates DK was throwing out the name of Domingo German formerly of the Yankees. He says that German has a bunch of skeletons in his closet due to alcohol problems and that is the reason the Yankees let him go. What do you guys think about signing German as a piece of the Bucs starting rotation?
If they can somehow convince him to have a celebratory drink only after games the team wins he shouldn't have any problems.
German would probably fall within their price range along with some other pitchers who remain on the market. My fear is they will wait too long to sign someone, and then they have to go to the bargain basement group. I also understand some players may not want to sign with Pittsburgh due to the losing history. Possibly they may have to increase their proposal to get them to sign with them. I just hope they sign another starting pitcher before their choices are slim to none.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Rockies just signed Dakota Hudson, as well as Jacob Stallings. In my opinion both could have been possible players to help the Pirates this season. I am anxious to see what amounts they signed for.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Kranick DFA.
Last edited by 3pirates3 on Sat Jan 06, 2024 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.