Pirates Sign Free Agent Catcher

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Pirates Sign Free Agent Catcher

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Pirates have signed Ali Sanchez to a Major League Contract. It is a little surprising to me with Endy, Delay and Davis on the 40 man roster. Possibly they are thinking to have Endy and Triolo platoon at first base and spend money on free agent pitching rather than address a free agent for first base.
Osushawn

Re: Pirates Sign Free Agent Catcher

Post by Osushawn »

I am thinking they should trade Triolo now and use Endy at first primarily. Saw an amazing stat yesterday that of the 32,000 players that have ever played MLB and had at least 200 at bats, Triolo is numero uno in BABIP at .451. That is not sustainable and he will regress. If you thought he was meh now, wait until he regresses…
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Osushawn wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:02 pm I am thinking they should trade Triolo now and use Endy at first primarily. Saw an amazing stat yesterday that of the 32,000 players that have ever played MLB and had at least 200 at bats, Triolo is numero uno in BABIP at .451. That is not sustainable and he will regress. If you thought he was meh now, wait until he regresses…
I like Triolo, and he is a third baseman by trade, which the Pirates have a gold glove player at that position. If by trading Triolo the Pirates obtain a young starting pitcher then I would have no problem with that trade. I would prefer a proven MLB pitcher who has at least three years of controllable rights.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Crazy, just looked on mlbtr and didnt see any Pirate news .Just missed it somehow. Then I was going to complain HERE. But then I read this thread and was informed ! Had to look player up looks good. Does he know Endy from Mets org ? Nice 1 to punch ..

Davis RF /1B, Pirates will turn him into Craig Wilson Baby !
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:39 am Crazy, just looked on mlbtr and didnt see any Pirate news .Just missed it somehow. Then I was going to complain HERE. But then I read this thread and was informed ! Had to look player up looks good. Does he know Endy from Mets org ? Nice 1 to punch ..

Davis RF /1B, Pirates will turn him into Craig Wilson Baby !
Now with 4 catchers on the roster, I wonder if some teams have inquired about Henry Davis. It is surprising the Pirates signed a catcher when their important needs are starting pitchers and a platoon for first base.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

Seems like Davis name is mud in the catching circles . Who knows ? But If he buys in to playing RF he can be a beast. He can run to back up first and 2nd to retrieve those errant Cruz throws. Just like catching ! :lol: