Mark Cuban

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Mark Cuban

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It was announced today that Mark Cuban will be leaving the show Shark Tank after this season. This evening it is being reported that he is selling his majority interest in the Dallas Mavericks. I don’t want to jinx anything, but wouldn’t it be one special announcement if this Pittsburgh native …
Doc

Re: Mark Cuban

Post by Doc »

That's interesting that he's giving up his ownership in the Mavericks. He seems to love the sport and being involved in it. (Edit: I've just read that he's still going to be with the club in an operations capacity.) As for buying the Pirates, I'm not sure he has the interest in baseball to justify spending the amount it would take to get Nutting to sell. But mostly he probably sees the folly in trying to compete in Pittsburgh against the big market teams. The way MLB operates, to me, is more of a problem than Bob Nutting.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I thought the biggest hurdle for Cuban was the good old boys club won't let him in.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:32 am I thought the biggest hurdle for Cuban was the good old boys club won't let him in.
That is probably true.