Off Season Roster Discussion

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Re: Off Season Roster Discussion

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Yankees have signed Yerry De Los Santos. Another player removed from the roster who has been signed by another team.
PooperScooper !

Post by PooperScooper ! »

They let Andujar WALK !!!!!!!

I`ll try Tellerz for cheap.
Possum

Post by Possum »

PooperScooper ! wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:43 am They let Andujar WALK !!!!!!!

Cheap! That's the problem with the Bucs and MLB in general. The only type of player who would come to Pgh is a cheap bum like Tellez.
Let's Go Bucs
Doc

Post by Doc »

Possum wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:58 pm
PooperScooper ! wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:43 am They let Andujar WALK !!!!!!!

Cheap! That's the problem with the Bucs and MLB in general. The only type of player who would come to Pgh is a cheap bum like Tellez.
Don't you worry, Possum. Bob Nutting has said over and over that the organization would spend when the time is right. However, in 2024, the time won't be quite right. Neither will it be right in 2025. Then, he'll fire Cherington because he hasn't won and will start all over again with another GM. After that, it'll be another five years before the time might be right. The man has a plan.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Oh my, you are beginning to sound like one of your golfing buddies. :lol: :lol:
Doc

Post by Doc »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:27 pm Oh my, you are beginning to sound like one of your golfing buddies. :lol: :lol:
That’s the worst thing you’ve ever said about me.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I might be in the minority, but I would consider Tellez. In 2022 he hit 35 homers. Yes last year was not a good year for him. He is only 28 years old, and in over 300 games at first base he has a .995 fielding percentage. Maybe an ideal platoon with Triolo?
BuccoMick

Post by BuccoMick »

I also would consider Tellez. I think he could have a monster year at PNC Park. Perfect strong side platoon with Triolo. Then sign a legit starter ( Montgomery) and a reclamation one ( Ryu, Severino) and and try and trade for a legit starter (Manoah, Sandoval) and pitching becomes a strength. Bru, Burrows, Skenes coming by summer. Bring back Cutch and trade Joe for a bullpen piece with options and we are ready to take the next step
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

BuccoMick wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:39 pm I also would consider Tellez. I think he could have a monster year at PNC Park. Perfect strong side platoon with Triolo. Then sign a legit starter ( Montgomery) and a reclamation one ( Ryu, Severino) and and try and trade for a legit starter (Manoah, Sandoval) and pitching becomes a strength. Bru, Burrows, Skenes coming by summer. Bring back Cutch and trade Joe for a bullpen piece with options and we are ready to take the next step
I agree with you about adding Tellez. Instead of Montgomery, Jack Flaherty may fall within their budget. I like signing a reclamation pitcher as you suggested. I think another pitcher who would like to return is Velasquez. He could end up on the IL to begin the season, but I believe I read somewhere that he hopes to return in early June. Another bullpen arm would be beneficial, but not sure if it is as important as getting the starting pitching staff in order for Opening Day.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Doc wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:01 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 3:27 pm Oh my, you are beginning to sound like one of your golfing buddies. :lol: :lol:
That’s the worst thing you’ve ever said about me.
You want me to ban him for that transgression Doc? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's Go Bucs