general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Re: Post Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Surgnbuck: Arizona
Doc: Arizona
Javy: Texas
Possum: Texas (I think that was a prediction, let me know for certain)
Champs: Texas
Wizard: Texas
Bobster: keeping it a closely guarded secret
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

A question I asked that never got answered finally did. No ghost runner post season.
Doc

Post by Doc »

Surgnbuck wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:44 am A question I asked that never got answered finally did. No ghost runner post season.
Someone came to their senses.
Wildwoodcoach

Post by Wildwoodcoach »

Austin Hedges actually got in :lol:
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Heck of a game 1. Can't see any east coasters staying up for that unless they are fans of either team. I know ratings will be super low for my area. Funny, all the Philly flags have been replaced with Eagles.
Possum

Post by Possum »

Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:51 am Austin Hedges actually got in :lol:
And he did his job. He went 0 for 1
Let's Go Bucs
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Possum wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:40 pm
Wildwoodcoach wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:51 am Austin Hedges actually got in :lol:
And he did his job. He went 0 for 1
On the bench he said, "Adolis, see what I did? Don't do that." It's an Austin Hedges world, and we're loving living in it.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

Blow out making it 1-1.
JollyRoger8

Post by JollyRoger8 »

Surgnbuck wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:20 am Surgnbuck: Arizona
Wizard: Texax

Looking for Bobster and Javy. And of course anyone else who wants to jump in for the World Series.

I can't wait! This World Series is such a breath of fresh air. I'm certain a lot of owners would love for Arizona to win it, so they too can tell fan bases that they don't need big superstars and spending lots of money. I'm certain a lot of GMS would love for Texas to win it, to show that if you spend up at the right spots on the team, to include a couple of big superstars, they can effect a rebuild almost over night.
Late to the poll.
I have to root for the Rangers since they have never won a WS. They also had that heartbreaking loss in the 2011 WS.
Both teams give hope that the Pirates can rebound from a 100 loss season 2 years ago. Though the Pirates will have to follow the DBacks model as they will not spend like the Rangers.
Speaking of Philly fan’s disappointment; it was like that in the Burgh in 1991. Games 6 and 7 at home only needing 1 win to beat the Braves and advance to the WS.
IIRC I don’t think we scored a single run.
bucs607179

Post by bucs607179 »

JollyRoger8 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:18 pm
Surgnbuck wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:20 am Surgnbuck: Arizona
Wizard: Texax

Looking for Bobster and Javy. And of course anyone else who wants to jump in for the World Series.

I can't wait! This World Series is such a breath of fresh air. I'm certain a lot of owners would love for Arizona to win it, so they too can tell fan bases that they don't need big superstars and spending lots of money. I'm certain a lot of GMS would love for Texas to win it, to show that if you spend up at the right spots on the team, to include a couple of big superstars, they can effect a rebuild almost over night.
Late to the poll.
I have to root for the Rangers since they have never won a WS. They also had that heartbreaking loss in the 2011 WS.
Both teams give hope that the Pirates can rebound from a 100 loss season 2 years ago. Though the Pirates will have to follow the DBacks model as they will not spend like the Rangers.
Speaking of Philly fan’s disappointment; it was like that in the Burgh in 1991. Games 6 and 7 at home only needing 1 win to beat the Braves and advance to the WS.
IIRC I don’t think we scored a single run.
That 91 was just as bad as 92. :( Generally I go with lowest payroll but I'm on board for the Rangers to. Always have hope for our BUCS when I see low Payroll teams have a great season. Baltimore is a prime example. Not sure but I think the O's had a ton of 1st and 2nd year players who obviously did well and will want the $$$ come contract time.